Need to lose 90 LBS

Options
Hi I'm new to this site, but love it. I have always had a hard time losing weight and eventually give up. I have found that counting calories helps a lot. I also suffer from hypertension and high cholesterol, some because of my weight and some because it runs in my family. I wan't to lose the weight and drop the med's that I have to take! I find that it seems hard for me to lose weight and I have a habit of getting on the scale every morning and am disappointed if I didn't lose anything : ( Hopefully things will work out for me this time.

Replies

• CallieDerenthal
    CallieDerenthal Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    i've lost and gained a significant amount of weight over the last 10 years. i LOVE this site! i know how to lose the weight but this site makes it so simple and there are sooo many supportive people to help keep you motivated! i try to only weigh myself once a week because i also get disappointed if i feel like i should have lost weight and i didn't (or worse... if i GAIN!). best of luck!!!
  • dakoerber
    dakoerber Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Decide that now is the time! Its all up to you and you can do this! You deserve to be happy and healthy.
  • Mummsy
    Mummsy Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    You can do it. One day at a time. You are worth the effort it takes to change your patterns and get healthy. :wink:
  • Cely21
    Cely21 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I'm the same way.. Your going to LOVE this site. If you get the mobile app it's even better because you always have it with you... Everyone is soooo positive and very encouraging. I go on to see everyone's success and enjoy seeing everyone's before and after pics thats what keeps motivated.. I hope to be able to post a before and after pic someday. Well welcome and feel free to add me if you like.. Good luck :flowerforyou:
  • nalia08
    nalia08 Posts: 252
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I say get you some friends to help motivate you and that will help alot. This site will help you be accountable for your working out and eating habits!
  • dmilleratdc
    Options
    One day at a time.
  • Apacheskicass
    Apacheskicass Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks my BFF is also working out with me and she is a big encouragement for me! There is nothing like encouragement when you lack the motivation to get off the couch!
  • MeTime37
    Options
    Best of luck to you, I also need to lose over 90lbs but have found as long as I track & stay focused it comes off. Feel free to add me as a buddy, so we can keep each other motivated :O) Just a tip, try weighing once a week instead of everyday that way you wont stress yourself out everyday :O)
  • tsumpter
    tsumpter Posts: 491
    Options
    We just completed a 3 months of a Biggest Loser Challenge. I will be starting a new on for the month of October if you are interested in a challenge that keeps you accountable and will push you a little each day here is the link: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/360970-biggest-loser-october-challenge-closed-group
  • layla_luvyah
    layla_luvyah Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    You can do it ! It's not going to be easy, set realistic goals for yourself (small one at first).
    Dust yourself off when you fall, don't beat yourself up when you slip up and learn from your past mistakes.

Good luck and Welcome :flowerforyou: