Stupid Desk Job!!

Options
How many of u sit behind a desk most of the day? I do. So right about now, all my energy has drained. I don't know how I'm gonna make it home to do my workout. I don't want to drink coffee in the afternoon but I don't have any other solutions right now.

Replies

• TRLTAMPA
    TRLTAMPA Posts: 824
    Options
    How many of u sit behind a desk most of the day? I do. So right about now, all my energy has drained. I don't know how I'm gonna make it home to do my workout. I don't want to drink coffee in the afternoon but I don't have any other solutions right now.
  • astarte09
    astarte09 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I do!!! It makes me soo tired as well. Its only 12:41 here, and I leave for lunch in 20. I am going to the gym to run for 25 mins. I am so tired, but it usually wakes me up. Stupid desk job.
  • Sapporo
    Sapporo Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I'm sitting at a desk all day. I find it draining as well. You'd think we should have so much energy left over since we don't really use any all day, but no, that would be too convenient.
  • roshong06
    roshong06 Posts: 196
    Options
    Try those Special K vitamin water packets...when I need energy but don't want coffee, I add one of those bad boys to my water, and give it about 20 min, it helps me survive those "instead of working out right when I get home, I'll just rest here for a while" days. I love them.
  • happenstance82
    Options
    Ooh, you could bring resistance bands to work...there are several exercises you can do at your desk...even sitting down...without looking crazy(i swear!) I used to have a desk job and the resistance bands really helped. What also really helped was standing up from time to time and doing some calf raises. Try it out now =)
  • dragonfly81
    dragonfly81 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I sit at a desk all day too. Have you thought about taking a multi vitamin ? One thing that helps keep my energy up is walking. During my lunch break, I will walk for about ten - 15 mins around the building I work in. It helps perk me up and get my blood flowing and that carries me for a while.
  • bwlr5000
    Options
    I sit behind a desk too, I have found if I snack alittle throughout the day, rice cakes, pretzels, yougart, it helps me get through the day, and it isn's so rough on the calorie count.
  • tmbish82
    Options
    i have a desk job too! i am so glad you said something cause i was like "why do i go home drained at the end of the day when i'm just sitting?!?!" :noway: good to know i'm not the only one! as far as the working out goes... i HAVE to do it before work (although that means getting up at 4am! :grumble: ) if i try to do it after work it just doesn't happen cause i'm already exhausted and on most days ready for dinner! :happy:
  • roshong06
    roshong06 Posts: 196
    Options
    I don't have a desk job, but I used to...I have a very physical job, but I've been there, and the mental stress can drain you just as much as the physical stress!!! Probably more...at least I am up moving around to get the stress off, (or just add more stress, who know for sure) Have a mid afternoon snack! You can do it!!!
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    I have a desk job too but have switched to herbal teas instead of coffee. I love Ginger tea and am trying Peppermint tea now
  • meanness67
    meanness67 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    My desk job is part of the reason I gained weight in the first place - I would literally not move for hours. Now when the afternoon blahs hit, I eat a granola bar and go climb 5 or 6 flights of steps. Wakes me up, gets the heart moving a little and takes my eyes off the screen. Yeah I'm at work...but I'm not working:devil:
  • TRLTAMPA
    TRLTAMPA Posts: 824
    Options
    I'm starting to realize I have to work out in the morning because my plans to walk at lunch often get derailed. Then after getting home and getting everyone fed it's bath time and then bed time....by the time I notice, it's bedtime for me too. I still do my evening walk, but I have a hard time going to sleep after a real workout.
    4AM is just soooooo scary.
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    I have a desk job too. I only get 30 mins for lunch so going somewhere to walk is out of the question. I work in a small town without anywhere to walk. We are righ on busy highway and can't walk around the building, I have tried getting up early to work out but I just can't make myself do it. I am determined to get in at least 4 workouts this week in the evenings. It's tough!!!!

Memaw
  • tmbish82
    Options
    I'm starting to realize I have to work out in the morning because my plans to walk at lunch often get derailed. Then after getting home and getting everyone fed it's bath time and then bed time....by the time I notice, it's bedtime for me too. I still do my evening walk, but I have a hard time going to sleep after a real workout.
    4AM is just soooooo scary.

you're right... 4am is scary! :noway: when that alarm goes off in the morning the first thought is "are you serious?!?!" but then the next thought is "you only have 90 days until your wedding" :embarassed: that is the one that usually gets me out of bed! :happy:

we should start a club for all the early risers! :tongue:
  • Dragonfly11
    Dragonfly11 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    i have a desk job too! i am so glad you said something cause i was like "why do i go home drained at the end of the day when i'm just sitting?!?!" :noway: good to know i'm not the only one! as far as the working out goes... i HAVE to do it before work (although that means getting up at 4am! :grumble: ) if i try to do it after work it just doesn't happen cause i'm already exhausted and on most days ready for dinner! :happy:
    Hey, I'm with you. I have to get up every day b/w 4-415am:grumble: to get that wokout in 30-45min depending on the time of high intensity aerobics - that serves 2 purposes: 1 it's out of the day and I've done what i said Iwas going to do and 2: if I get another workout in that's the cherry on top. I don't stress out about having to do it and feel guilty when I don't. It works for me and saves my sanity,lol.
    I also have tried my resistance bands at work and have a 20min pilates/yoga dvd in my desk that I can pop in during lunch when I'm not too busy - and get a quick one in when I can take my full lunch.
    I had to make a decision- the weight simply was not going to come off w/o exercise and I had to make the time to do it. For me that means getting up earlier whether I like it or not.
    Nice to know when I'm jumping around like a nut that someone else is out there with me. Keep it up and thanks for the reinforcement.
    Have an awesome day!
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    I would love to work out at lunch, except I usually have to eat while I work, at my desk.

Stupid IT :(

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who works all day and gets home only to feel utterly drained.