Fitness Test Question

gbbhey
gbbhey Posts: 188
edited October 3 in Fitness and Exercise
So, I'm taking my PT test on thursday (1 min pushups, 1 min sit-ups, 1.5 mile run). Just curious if I should work out tonight or take two days of rest and not go to the gym tonight. I have no issues passing it, but am trying to score a 90 or higher this time around (Got an 89 last time). Thanks in advance!

Replies

• MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    I think you know your body best.. If it were me I would shoot for a light workout tonight.
  • wildeone4
    wildeone4 Posts: 204 Member
    Yes listening to your body is good. I light workout could be a good idea to at least get your body ready, but not to get it too tired!
  • I had my PT test a couple of weeks ago :D good luck!

I would take 2 days of rest. That is exactly what I do :]
  • cschu544
    cschu544 Posts: 320 Member
    My boyfriend just took his last week. He had pneumonia and they still made him run, he was under his 2 mile by 20 seconds and now has to go to PT camp & won't graduate. It's really very upsetting, so push. Just push as hard as possible, and good luck..
  • bigdawg025
    bigdawg025 Posts: 774 Member
    Fellow AF guy here... the only day I would definitely not work out is the day prior... two days for me is ok... do what works for you, though. I would do something light on the 2nd day prior... elliptical, bike, walk... nothing strenuous. Don't do pushups or situps. Your muscles won't have enough time to recover, and you'll lose several reps. Been there done that!
  • wmlpd6
    wmlpd6 Posts: 135
    I vote for a light workout. But as someone else said, you know your body best. Good luck with the test!

Will
  • gbbhey
    gbbhey Posts: 188
    thanks all. light work-out it is. I'll post the results after thursday!
  • Jean410
    Jean410 Posts: 104
    Good luck! I found my best times were when I did a light workout the day before. (former USN)
This discussion has been closed.