weights

i know this is a weird question coming from a guy, but what kind of light lifting can i do to get rid of my "not-so-manly" chest? i don't want to bulk up, but i want to get rid of the man boobs! ha! i do cardio and my belly and face show improvement, but not the chest area!

Replies

• sph40
    sph40 Posts: 24
    i know this is a weird question coming from a guy, but what kind of light lifting can i do to get rid of my "not-so-manly" chest? i don't want to bulk up, but i want to get rid of the man boobs! ha! i do cardio and my belly and face show improvement, but not the chest area!
  • Clun1990
    Clun1990 Posts: 22 Member
    Hi there try looking at this http://www.videojug.com/film/how-to-get-rid-of-man-boobs
    hope it helps Laura:smile:
  • Rosette
    Rosette Posts: 34
    Well... Ithere is always a common mistake when it comes to weight lefting... the less weight and more repition you do, the more fat you burn... IT IS WRONG

you can do any chest exercise in the world with heavey weights... and the one fact is, you cannot bulk up so long there are fats.. so once you lose the fat (with heavey weight), your muscle will start to show.. and believe me you won't bulk up.. those bulky guys take alot of supplements to make them look huge
  • bldntz1856
    bldntz1856 Posts: 14 Member
    I understand, 2 years ago my brother got me a Bra as a gag christmas gift. I have always carried a high bodyfat %, and that fat showed in my waist/ chest. I have always worked out to some degree with weights, but I have not gotten the look I wanted out of my chest until I started reducing my bodyfat.

When it comes to weight training, working the chest is great. There are many other things to do that will reduce the 'man boobs'. First have a strong back and focusing on posture will reduce this to some degree also. I would taylor your chest routine around upper movements, i.e. incline presses, flyes. The areas around the chest (shoulders and traps) should be worked just as hard to develop the surrounding areas to fill out the upper body. Depending on what your level of weight exprience is you may look at some high intensity training. Keeping your rest between sets to 30sec. or less will allow your metabolic rate to sky rocket.

Stress is the number one friend of fat! Look at your work and home life to find ways to reduce your overall stress level. Stress in your life increase cortisol in the body. High levels of cortisol will limit your dieting sucess.

Remember that it is almost impossible to 'spot' reduce fat. By that you cannot pick and choose where you are going to lose the fat from. Having a diet/ nurtition plan focused away from simple carbs/ sugars will keep your insulin levels low. When your insulin levels are low fat stores will keep low.

The road to a trim set of 'pecs' will be a long road, but set your goals. Take some pictures before you start and don't change everything at once! Start with small changes, and when those changes become second nature, start the next changes. Research as much as possible, be willing to fail, and remember your potential relies on your vision.

Have a great journey!
  • sph40
    sph40 Posts: 24
    thank you very much
  • ariannedavis
    ariannedavis Posts: 520 Member
    Yes, the prior posts are correct, you need to focus on the muscles involved if you want to see a difference. As you continue to lose body fat, you will just look soft until you develop the chest and back.

Recommendations: 3sets x10 reps at 75% of your max (you may need to start lighter if you haven't lifted in a while & progress from here.)
    Bench press, flys, military press, biceps (yes, the short tendon actually crosses your pecs), rows, lats, dips, and of course, the good old fashioned push-up! The back is more involved than you might think. For women, the dreaded "side-boob fat" is a result of poor back tone!

(If you want to build endurance, increase reps, if you want to build strength, increase weight & sets and drop reps to 5-7.

BUT, you must continue the cardio or you will just have very firm man-boobs! Hope that helps!