Going over the calorie amount

Options
I am supposed to eat 1200 calories a day,plus whatever I exercise but I already ate that amount, yet I am so hungry.... Am I supposed to go over and eat or just try to tough it out?!!

Replies

• sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    1200 seems very low. Do you have your weekly loss goal set to 2 lbs? unless you have at least 100 lbs. to lose, that's probably a bad idea. (also unless you have a lot to lose, you WON'T lose 2 lbs/week anyway).

Change your weekly loss goal to 1 lb/week, and you will have 500 more calories per day.

It is bad idea to be hungry all the time . . . that leads to binging, gaining and quitting.

blessings.
  • worksweatachieve
    Options
    Are you eating the correct foods? 400 cals of fried chicken won't fill you up like 400 calories of veggies - that definitely makes a difference for me. Eating the correct types of food makes as much a difference as eating the correct amount of calories. If that's not doing it for you, reconsider increasing your caloric intake to 1400 or 1500. 1200 cals/day is not necessarily healthy for every person.
  • anbegley
    anbegley Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I started out at 1200 plus exercise calories and was constantly hungry (read...constantly cranky). I upped my calories to 1300 and it was a godsend. Like another poster said, don't do 2lbs unless you have over 100 to lose.
    Good luck whatever you decide.
    Ang
  • lilwashee
    lilwashee Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    i def agree that if the calories are to low you will fall off frequently so up it a lil bit!
  • skullcrushergurl
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I'll change it to 1lb per week.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    1200 seems very low. Do you have your weekly loss goal set to 2 lbs? unless you have at least 100 lbs. to lose, that's probably a bad idea. (also unless you have a lot to lose, you WON'T lose 2 lbs/week anyway).

Change your weekly loss goal to 1 lb/week, and you will have 500 more calories per day.

It is bad idea to be hungry all the time . . . that leads to binging, gaining and quitting.

blessings.

This, except I just checked your profile and it said you only have 10lbs to lose. In that case I'd set it to a half pound a week.