Happy National Coming Out Day!

Options

Replies

• ThePhoenixRose
    ThePhoenixRose Posts: 1,985 Member
    Options
    "I tend to wear socks that don't match. Not to get attention or because the socks were made that way. Because who am I to judge which pair should or should not be together? Sole mates are sole mates..."

My favorite ever quote, stolen from a good fb friend!! :heart:
  • kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I think I'm gay... not so sure about my husband. :laugh:

Have been out so long, I can't remember what the inside of the closet looks like.:smooched:
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options
    i don't remember a day of ever "coming out" i just remember being me. and realizing at one point during my adolescence that i wasn't attracted to just men... still on very good terms with the first lady i ever loved and who loved me back.
  • morganhccstudent724
    morganhccstudent724 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    WHOOP WHOOP!!!!!!!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I've always thought there was nothing more idiotic than hating someone for who they love. :heart:
  • PZlady
    PZlady Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I had an uncle who was with his "roommate" for 50 years. Bet he would have enjoyed this string of replies!!
  • Schwiggs
    Schwiggs Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    This thread is incredibly gay. :)
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    People are people.
  • Unwrapping_Candy
    Unwrapping_Candy Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    harvey_milk_twitter_page.jpg?w=268&h=286

I came out years ago. I am a lesbian and proud of it. To all of you coming out today as LGBT or ally you're going to need these:

qoyCthesIAumfvxIlIwvuEJT38G9X6BLgs2lZbKgWDO7tloyyR_ylBoRVfaN7Jp_PYzsx8FLkBaqM7SvrtX2eLYbh1bpqn65rnuq0VboEsQRy6CWRKJezumKksacqsTXMuMZ0IGLGRxE1ONGDf7lorIKnwMXTi7b__BOOrM1IxGfP5K7Va8s0Bm-4U0WXUuPgDjf1w

It's kind of bright outside the closet. ;)

*P.S. This may be a day late, but you don't have to wait another year to come out of hiding. ;)
  • Unwrapping_Candy
    Unwrapping_Candy Posts: 487 Member
    Options
  • pumpkinmoccasin
    Options
    Woohoo! I've been an "out" bisexual for a decade :) I have no tolerance for hate and bigotry and I'm very vocal about it when I see it. I sincerely hope that things will get better in regards to gay rights in my lifetime.
  • Namaste1983
    Namaste1983 Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    CELEBRATE!!! AWE YEAH!!!!
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    I've known a lot of gay people, and it doesn't bother me in the slightest. In fact in my last job i was in the minority being straight!

But, what gets me about this...

There's actually a "National Coming Out" day?! Is it really necessary? What's next? "National Beaver Washing Day?"
  • leilani♥
    Options
    Proud to be part of the LGBT community! :D
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    bi-pride.gif
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    Big love to all my 'mos! You brighten my life and make it fun and fabulous! And yes this is what I'm wearing today. No I'm not going to change! What? I don't even own anything in that color...
  • quitmakingexcuses
    quitmakingexcuses Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Woo! Straight ally! I'll stick up for any LGBTQ, anyday :)
  • MrBrown72
    MrBrown72 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I've known a lot of gay people, and it doesn't bother me in the slightest. In fact in my last job i was in the minority being straight!

But, what gets me about this...

There's actually a "National Coming Out" day?! Is it really necessary? What's next? "National Beaver Washing Day?"

I'll get my tiny sponge.
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    Woo! Straight ally! I'll stick up for any LGBTQ, anyday :)
    Dang skippy..... My friends are my friends no matter who they love. Everybody should be happy just to find love wether your ay straight of a flip flop love is love and people have a right to be who they truely are.:bigsmile:
  • mandemonious
    mandemonious Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Pride fest in Gainesville, FL Oct 22. Proud ally :bigsmile: