Any MFP runners out there?

Options
I 've been with MFP for about 6 months and am looking to expand my friends with similar interest and goals whether that'd be losing 15-35 lbs or having a running goal in mind. I'm running my third half marathon in about 5 weeks and have 3 more halfs to follow. I'm hoping to lose about 20 lbs and able to run a race without having to walk.

Replies

• timothyjkiser
    timothyjkiser Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Yes! I just starting running again...on week 3. On here I just started week 2. I am trying to gear up for a 5K on Thanksgiving to start. Honestly...next week a 5k should be a breeze already! Also looking to drop 25 more pounds. Send me a friend request.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    I run daily :] Its my escape :] getting a tattoo for it!
  • shelbym87
    shelbym87 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Hiii! I'm also a runner. Looking to lose about 5 more pounds, but my main goals are improving my running times and toning up. I usually do between 5k-10k. Feel free to add me!
  • PatientBearTiger
    Options
    I've run two 5Ks, a 10K, 3 sprint triathlons and have another 10K and a 15K to go this season. I still have a lot to learn and while my weight is close to where I want it, I still need some additional toning. There are a TON of runners on here!!
  • Tribbey143
    Tribbey143 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Runners add me! Just finished my 2nd marathon last Sunday always looking for people who are into long distance running!!!!!!!! :)))
  • smd819882
    Options
    I am a runner until I was injured. I ran my first half marathon in May and did it without running. It is mind over matter I have confidence you can do it without walking. I used a spin class with high resistance at the gym as a cross trainer. Run two times a week spin three times a week and go for your distance run once a week. That is what I did. I am supposed to do a Disney Half Marathon in Jan hope to make it!!!
  • AZTrailRunner
    AZTrailRunner Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    Been running for over 20 years. Add me if you wish. :smile:
  • aa1440
    aa1440 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    I've got my first 5K coming up in November. Never really been a runner but I'm looking forward to it.
  • Faeriegirl74
    Faeriegirl74 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your running! I've completed 3 half-marathons in the past year and am currently a pace leader at my local running club training for a half in November followed by a marathon relay in December. My group is the run/walk group that follows the Jeff Galloway training philosophies. Good Luck to you in your endeavors!
  • sharonsjones
    sharonsjones Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I'm a runner! I'm running my first 1/2 in about 4 weeks. You can add me!
  • rachel5576
    rachel5576 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Im a runner training for my first full in Jan. add me!
  • maura1110
    maura1110 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I'm a runner! And looking to lose hopefully another 30 lbs. I just did my first 10K a couple weeks ago and trying to increase my distance and hopefully run a half marathon in April. I'll add you! :)
  • runnermama81
    runnermama81 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Yay! A fellow runner! I love running. I have done two half marathons and hope to do another one in the spring. I had a baby in April so I am working on losing the baby weight and getting back in half marathon shape:) Send me a friend request if u like. Happy running!
  • stephaniej05
    Options
    I'm a runner! I have my first full marathon in TEN days! Any runners feel free to add me.
  • AwesomeSauce4
    AwesomeSauce4 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    I am a Runner.. Doing My First 5k in Just a few weeks.. I run 3-5 miles everyday and walk for an additional 12.. Feel free to add me.. I am also triying to lose another 20lbs.. Runners feel free to add me too if you like ;)