Feeling bad about over eating...

Wow. For the first time in my ENTIRE life, my snacking turned from guilt to complete devastation. I started out my morning eating breakfast way too early and that completely messed up my entire day. I had breakfast at around 6am and didn't plan accordingly.

Anyhow, tonight around maybe 8pm or so I had the worst hunger pains. I drank 20oz of water thinking it was thirst but nope....just could NOT shake the carb cravings I had. I felt like bottomless pit that needed my spaghetti and meat sauce fix. I felt like.....oh whew, I'm just going to give in and say to hell with my diet/exercise stuff today. I put it in the bowl and heat it and when I stick my fork in it to stir it up.....I started to tear up, wanting to cry. I couldn't say no. I just couldn't.

I know what you will think, well anyone can say no...it's only food. I felt completely hypnotized.
Now, I DO have borderline personality disorder and it does effect my impulse (the over eating part of me) ...so that may have been flared up but never have I been at such war with myself internally that a guilty snack made me want to cry.

Needless to say, I was NOT going to give up after I felt happy and full. I waited about 30 mins and I did my 30DS. In order to come out around 5cals over...I have to do it one more time tonight. I'm taking it just a little easier than I would so I don't overdo it and hurt myself but wow......what a night. Thankfully, with me being only 5 mere calories in the red....I made myself feel better.

I know there will be days where I can indulge now and then but I swear I was on the brink of crying, holding it back. That is NOT normal lol.

Has anyone ever experienced this? I thought it was the weirdest thing!

Replies

• Konshu
    Konshu Posts: 4 Member
    My coach has a great page on that and I would love to share his input. http://www.nelsongy.com/guilty
  • Oms I know exactly how you feel !!! But at least you were hungry my late night binges are usually just cravings or emotional eating (not from hunger) but what has kinda helped me is to fill out my diary first thing in the morning then I can see what I can and can't have and try to stick with it. However I'm yet to find a 'cure' for the over eating anxiety I get :(
  • It wouldn't have been so bad on a normal day. I would have had a more low cal snack but its PMS or SOMETHING....just cravings like you wouldnt believe and nothing but eating that food would cure it.

I know I can have my cheat days and this is my lifestyle not just some diet but I want to save my cheat day for sushi or pizza or something not just boring left over spaghetti late at night lol.

Just an extra 500 cals I didnt need so I needed to work that off my *kitten* lol
  • fitjunk
    fitjunk Posts: 160 Member
    I just over did it for 3 days! A wedding, hung over, and then Thanksgiving! Im plus 2 pounds from 3 days ago. I'll trade you?
  • tiggerbounce411
    tiggerbounce411 Posts: 401 Member
    I have been where you were and I understand what you mean. Don't let it defeat you, those days will come and go. You are aware of what you are eating by the fact you got upset. Don't let it do that. Acknowledge that you shouldn't eat that..take a few bites and be done with it for the day. It's ok to give in a little once in a while, this is how I teach myself SELF control. Luckily I still am losing and haven't destroyed myself because my giving in is on a muuuuch smaller scale. I do understand and you will be ok girl...hop back up here on the wagon with us, you got this!
  • cwglosin4vaca
    cwglosin4vaca Posts: 63 Member
    I have read somewhere that when your body craves food late at night, it may be hunger but you may be tired and need sleep and try to replace one with the other. That being said, I used to eat breakfast at 6am and had the same problm. Now I eat at 8-9am and dont have the problem. I try not to eat dinner any later than 6 too