Anyone 5'4"??

Options
13»

Replies

• sherris
    sherris Posts: 112
    Options
    i'm 5'4" too.......right now since i had to choose a goal i thought 125 will be good......but my goal doesn't really include a number ....i wanna lose inches...i wanna lose body fat....if that is all i did i'd hope too be 110 or so but since i intend on working out hard i expect my weight to be around 125 WITH mucles and being lean
  • Audry
    Audry Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I think everyone has really great goals here - I am about 5 4 and looking at being some where below 130 - right now I am at 170 & I know for some of you that is your goal weight and that is great for you and don't read other ppls post and think you need to re-evaluate your goals - goals are strickly ONE SIDED no one can choose what is the right wieght for you but yourself!!!

For thos of you that are 120 & below - I looked at your profiles - you all look great just stay healthy!
  • crazybigchick
    Options
    5'5"- and 147 right now. Hoping to get down to 135. The last time I was around that weight I wore a size 4 so good enough for me. :tongue:
  • xrunner99x
    Options
    thanks everyone for posting back,
    and good luck reaching all of your goal weights!
  • porka29
    porka29 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm not 5'4, but was curious about how weights ranged. I'm 5'9 and was shooting for 150, in 2001 I weighed 136 but used the equiv of phen phen to get there. Maybe I need to re-think my goal once I start to lose steadily.

Sounds like you all have good goals, this was a very unique thread just showing how different everyone is.
  • ma1130
    ma1130 Posts: 5
    Options
    I am 5'4". I weigh 145 with about 25% body fat, size 6. My goal weight is about 130-135lb with about 19% body fat. I probably need to lose about 10-11 lbs of pure body fat which will bring me down to my goal size of 4!. I think it is really important to focus on body fat % rather than weight. I started weight training and gaining lean muscle mass without losing 1 lb yet my clothes were fitting looser. I checked my body fat % and I lost about 2 %. I was gaining muscle also but still losing inches! I decided from that point on that I would focus more on body fat than pounds.

Some of my snacks include broccoli and cauliflower with a little fat free ranch dip, sugar snap peas, light in fit yogurt, 100 calorie pop popcorn, a slice or two or regular beef jerky (when i need extra protein for the day), 1 scoop whey protein shake, string cheese, celery with a tablespoon of crunchy peanut butter, portioned out canned fruit (packed in the fruit juice not the syrup), and sometimes I'll grab a handful of raw almonds although its hard to only eat 100 calories worth.
  • ohthatbambi
    ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    I am and my goal is 130.
  • fitchick99
    fitchick99 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    i'm 5'4 and currently at 112 pounds, but would like to be at 108, I eat jello cups, 5 calories a cup, jello no sugar choc pudding cups, 60 cal a cup, half english muffin with a tsp of peanut butter, around 100 calories, 1 cup caramel corn, 80 calories, jos louis 100 calorie snack cake, smores granola bar 90 calories, kraft handi snacks 110 calories, for the cheese one, 1/12th of an angel food cake is around 130 calories, lettuce and tuna wrap with fat free mayo, 90 calories..I put the tuna in a lettuce leaf and wrap it up!..very yummy, I also like to freeze raspberry ice crystal light in a cup and eat it with a spoon, it's a nice frozen treat and has no calories...these are the snacks I eat on a regular basis =]

What what?? Come again? Are you sure? I'm 5'3",with a fairly slender build, and MY goal weigh is 122! If I was 112 I would consider myself UNDERweight, and I have been that thin before! (Post-surgery, and it wasn't fun at all). Okay I guess I'm being obnoxious, but still, are you sure you're really that tall and that thin? It just doesn't sound right to me . . .

No I lied...i'm actually 5'3 and a half, and yes I weigh as of today 112.4 pounds, why is that so hard to believe, and why the heck would I lie about it, I have a slender build to begin with, before my daughter was born in 2005 I was at 104 pounds, and I wasn't sickly looking, nor am I now, that's a recent pic of me and I was 114 pounds when that was taken in October of '08...sheeeesh, can't believe i'm justifying myself here.
  • Jain
    Jain Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and I'm aiming for 156lb. I have a medium/large frame and I'm quite curvy, so even though this is still classed as overweight, that's where I look & feel best. I gain muscle quickly once I start training so my body fat will be within health limits.
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    No I lied...i'm actually 5'3 and a half, and yes I weigh as of today 112.4 pounds, why is that so hard to believe, and why the heck would I lie about it, I have a slender build to begin with, before my daughter was born in 2005 I was at 104 pounds, and I wasn't sickly looking, nor am I now, that's a recent pic of me and I was 114 pounds when that was taken in October of '08...sheeeesh, can't believe i'm justifying myself here.
    [/quote]

You look amazing!!!!!! No justification required :laugh: I love the picture of your wedding with your family, it is beautiful!! Wow, 6 kids!!!!!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • abillings9
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and my goal is 115-117-ish. I was right around there pre-children and I wore it well! LOL
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    I didn't think there would be this many people that were 5'4". Of course I started at 205 went down to 160 and have gone back to 178(emotional eater who had bad news). I would like to eventually get to 140-145. So I have a long way to go. Just need to find a little motivation again. Winter does it's own number on me because I would like to hibernate like a bear! LOL Nice to meet you all.:flowerforyou: Yeah the ticker says 150 but I'm not good with computers and don't know how to change it. LOL
  • connieq288
    connieq288 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4" and as of now my goal weight is 150 but later on I might change it to 130 when I get close. I started at 297 so you can tell that I have a ton of weight to lose. Right now I weigh 261 so I am getting there. I am only 32 and amazingly I have been pretty healthy except for having gall bladder surgery 2 years ago. I am surprised Im not on a ton of medicines for blood pressure and cholesterol and everything else. The only thing I feel right now is my knees hurt but I also work out alot now. I cant wait to make it to 150.

Connie
  • fitchick99
    Options

You look amazing!!!!!! No justification required :laugh: I love the picture of your wedding with your family, it is beautiful!! Wow, 6 kids!!!!!!!! :flowerforyou:
    [/quote]

Thanks! :happy: it's very upsetting when people need to put you down in order to feel better about themselves:grumble:
  • shayk80
    shayk80 Posts: 56
    Options
    I'm 5'4 on a good day.. LOL right now I am 142 pounds and I want to get back down to 125. That is my goal. But then again that is what I weighed before I was pregnant almost 4 years ago, so maybe 125 might night look right anymore.

But anyways I like the 100 calorie snack packs.
  • jodazary
    jodazary Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    im a towering 5 ft and big frame bulit and my goal is 120 the smallest i have ever been was 103 when i got pregnant with my oldest son 23 years ago but i was too small then so i think i will be happy with 120 . i live on the 100 calorie snack packs for my snacks when i need one they are great esp the wheat thins great when you are craving something salty :flowerforyou:
  • jodazary
    jodazary Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    im a towering 5 ft and big frame bulit and my goal is 120 the smallest i have ever been was 103 when i got pregnant with my oldest son 23 years ago but i was too small then so i think i will be happy with 120 . i live on the 100 calorie snack packs for my snacks when i need one they are great esp the wheat thins great when you are craving something salty :flowerforyou:
  • fitchick99
    Options
    i'm 5'4 and currently at 112 pounds, but would like to be at 108, I eat jello cups, 5 calories a cup, jello no sugar choc pudding cups, 60 cal a cup, half english muffin with a tsp of peanut butter, around 100 calories, 1 cup caramel corn, 80 calories, jos louis 100 calorie snack cake, smores granola bar 90 calories, kraft handi snacks 110 calories, for the cheese one, 1/12th of an angel food cake is around 130 calories, lettuce and tuna wrap with fat free mayo, 90 calories..I put the tuna in a lettuce leaf and wrap it up!..very yummy, I also like to freeze raspberry ice crystal light in a cup and eat it with a spoon, it's a nice frozen treat and has no calories...these are the snacks I eat on a regular basis =]

I hope you are seeking help. 112 is small, to small for your height. Please don't pass this on to your daughter.

"Judgements prevent us from seeing the good that lies beyond appearances.”

....next time you would like to comment on my parenting skills, or lifestyle habits, granted, you know absolutely nothing of my life, please just don't :wink:
  • altazin0907
    altazin0907 Posts: 188 Member
    Options

What what?? Come again? Are you sure? I'm 5'3",with a fairly slender build, and MY goal weight is 122! If I was 112 I would consider myself UNDERweight, and I have been that thin before! (Post-surgery, and it wasn't fun at all). Okay I guess I'm being obnoxious, but still, are you sure you're really that tall and that thin? It just doesn't sound right to me . . .

:noway: :noway:
  • altazin0907
    altazin0907 Posts: 188 Member
    Options

I hope you are seeking help. 112 is small, to small for your height. Please don't pass this on to your daughter.

"Judgements prevent us from seeing the good that lies beyond appearances.”

....next time you would like to comment on my parenting skills, or lifestyle habits, granted, you know absolutely nothing of my life, please just don't :wink:

kuddos to you girl, I agree with you! :drinker: you look great. People must always remember what looks good on you may not look good on others. I only WISH I could get to 130 much less 115 so keep up the good work.:happy: