My Own Breakthrough!!!

Options
Oh boy.
I have been neglecting my "working out" for...I won't lie. Months now. I got in a horrible funk in April and haven't really been back on the right track since. No excuse other then I forgot how much I liked eating crappy food. Every now and then I would work out for a week straight, get discouraged, and just go back to eating. As of tonight that has changed.
I have a pretty awesome friend that I met here on MFP, who has totally been in my shoes. Weight wise, feelings about ourself wise, basically everything. So Jessica I flippin love you, anyways.... after talking to her about some problems we have both been having we made promises that we will STOP being weenies and start working out. Slowly and surely. Last night I did just lots of crunches and things because I was feeling lazy, being myself....normal me. Boring.So tonight I did 30 Day Shred, I"ll just say, I forgot how hard it was. I felt like I was going to have a heart attack at any given moment....and I liked it. It was rough but worth it, wanna know why?
Tonight I was carrying my kid to bed and she just relaxing on me and started singing the Barney theme song. You know the whole,"I love you, you love me." Which in her words were, " You me, Me you...kiss me youuu." (Shes almost 2 give her a break on her singing haha) But it made me really REALLY realize just how precious life is. How innocent she is and adorable (I'm not bias at all...) but it makes me want to be here for EVER for her Well...for as long as I can. Without dying because of health....weight related health that I CONTROL. It's not fair that she would or could lose me because I like food. Stupid. STUPID. So here we go , back at this thing. I have 63lbs to lose...okay a little more if we count the 4lbs I gained the past 3 months...lame. But hey, at least it's only 4lbs and not like...16 or something. So here goes, back on the journey of helping myself so I can watch my kid grow up. I's time I step up and be a damn parent and help myself so in the future I can help her.

Replies

• Skinny_minny_mo
    Skinny_minny_mo Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    can i just say that dammit woman :), you've already lost a significant amount and that cant have been an easy feat! so embrace that and take that wonderful feeling forward to carry you through the rest of the highs and lows. :drinker:

dont discount ALL that you have already achieved.

and good on you for getting up on the horse again.

your daughter sounds adorable :smile:
  • Jacole18
    Jacole18 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    Great post! You CAN and WILL do this girl!!!!! Life is so precious and every moment counts!! Enjoy it! :)
  • mjmcdon
    mjmcdon Posts: 33
    Options
    Aww good for you! I know that exact feeling of the "on and off again" working out and staying healthy bit. Its not easy at all! I had no idea it could be so hard but you just have to be determined and motivated! I, too, was doing so good and lost at least 14 lbs and then, somewhere I lost it and gave up. And now I'm also getting back on track cuz I wanna do this for myself! So sometimes its best to hit bottom, cuz there is no where to go but up! Keep it up!!! :)