pop or soda???

Options
1235»

Replies

• cabaray
    cabaray Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    i still think pop sounds better, calling everything coke is weird... do they call pepsi coke? weird... i could see if u called each thing by what it is sprite dr. pepper etc. interesting tho. hmmmmm.
    Where I am in Southern Indiana, we say Coke, but generally in referring to a Cola product. So I will ask for a Diet Coke, the waitress will say is Pepsi fine, and I will say sure. For non cola products, we ask for it by name. I can't speak for everyone else that says coke, but that's how it works in our neck of the woods.
  • sassyshook
    sassyshook Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Coke........
  • limestang
    Options
    I'm from Oklahoma and i say pop!:smile
  • debbles13
    Options
    I moved to Chicago from LA over 2 years ago, and I still say soda... I don't think I'll ever call it pop!
  • edonald774
    edonald774 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Actually neither... I'm from Glasgow, we call it ginger or as we pc. it... gingah.
  • Begood03
    Begood03 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    Michigan here, and I say pop.
  • CarrieJ85
    CarrieJ85 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I'm from Indiana and I say pop but I know a lot of people from the southern part of the state that say Coke.
  • mello
    mello Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Here in Louisiana, it's all coke. If it's carbonated and flavored, it's coke.
  • Molly_Louise
    Options
    Here in England, it's generally called 'fizzy drink', 'soft drink' or more commonly, it's just referred to as it's branded name.
  • countrydarling1
    countrydarling1 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I knew someone that used COKE, for everything.... Can I get an orange coke... sounded odd, but they didn't say soda or pop, just coke... was a bit odd to have a diet grape coke... lol

l almost bet they were from Texas! I say COKE for everything! What kinda Coke do you want!
  • countrydarling1
    countrydarling1 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    There's a map for that.

Pop-vs-Soda-US-Map.mediumthumb.gif

This is a topic I've discussed with friends at length in the past.

This just confirms that you really can find everything on the internet.

I'm Canadian, I say pop. I'm actually surprised that so many Americans use pop too. I thought you all said soda. :-P Not sure what they call it in Quebec...

thank you for posting that, interesting
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    I'm from Georgia and everything is COKE, no matter what.
  • Birder150
    Birder150 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I say pop.
    I also say hot dog.

If you say soda do you say weiner or do you say hot dog?

Are there any people here who say pop and weiner? or are pop people always hot dog people and soda people always weiner people?
    Or am I the only person who says pop AND hot dog?
    Is this regional?
    Is there a map?
  • kenzietea
    kenzietea Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I knew someone that used COKE, for everything.... Can I get an orange coke... sounded odd, but they didn't say soda or pop, just coke... was a bit odd to have a diet grape coke... lol

thats for sure a california thing.