Italian Sausage and yummies

Options
lynniejones
lynniejones Posts: 1,291 Member
1 JennieO Turkey Sweet Italian sausage link (160 calories)
1/2 red onion
1/2 yellow bell pepper
2 sprigs fresh basil
olive oil spray

spray olive oil in the pan, add diced up onion, pepper, and basil , cook til tender.
I sliced my sausage link and added it to the pan along with a splash of water to keep it moist.

This is about 200 calories and oh so delish. I dipped my sausage into a sweet hot mustard, and all together it 210 calories and my belly is full and happy. (My breath no so much, lol)..

Lynnie
who still has a coupla hunnerd calories to play with for the evening yay me!

Replies

• lynniejones
    Options
    1/2 red onion
    1/2 yellow bell pepper
    2 sprigs fresh basil
    olive oil spray

spray olive oil in the pan, add diced up onion, pepper, and basil , cook til tender.
    I sliced my sausage link and added it to the pan along with a splash of water to keep it moist.

This is about 200 calories and oh so delish. I dipped my sausage into a sweet hot mustard, and all together it 210 calories and my belly is full and happy. (My breath no so much, lol)..

Lynnie
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    I make that and mix it with tomato/spaghetti sauce and serve over whole wheat pasta.

Yummy
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    1/2 red onion
    1/2 yellow bell pepper
    2 sprigs fresh basil
    olive oil spray

Lynnie

I add all that to a whole wheat tortilla and add alittle light sour cream oh so delish!!
  • lynniejones
    Options
    Ooo o ooo thanks for the good ideas. I am going to fix another pan to take to lunch tomorrow think I'll use your ideas to add to it to make it a bigger meal. Yumma yumma.

Lynnie
    Oh how I love food.
  • beagle595
    beagle595 Posts: 226
    Options
    Okay, now you're making me hungry!
  • porka29
    porka29 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    I am making this for dinner tonight
  • lynniejones
    Options
    Did it turn out yummy?
  • porka29
    Options
    Yes totally!!!! although I did attempt to put some of it in one of the small Latortilla factory tortilla and had more of a mess than anything :laugh: but still tasted good. Next time I think I will ditch the tortilla and eat it along with all my other veggies.

I came across your recipe by searching here, that was pretty cool esp since I KNEW I had read about someone using turkey italian sausage! I used hot and added more hot stuff to boot, my mouth was burnin, now guess what is :laugh: :blushing: :sad: :laugh:
  • lynniejones
    Options
    I think I am going to do this with pasta tomorrow. I got a Foreman grill and my newest obsession is red and orange peppers, a teeny bit of olive oil coating, then char them on the foreman. The darker you get the skin, the sweeter the taste. It's so awesome.
  • porka29
    Options
    I think I am going to do this with pasta tomorrow. I got a Foreman grill and my newest obsession is red and orange peppers, a teeny bit of olive oil coating, then char them on the foreman. The darker you get the skin, the sweeter the taste. It's so awesome.

I agree! I made vegetable kabobs to go with skirt steak on the grill tonight and the red ones were almost blackened:blushing: as I wasn't paying attention and they tasted amazing!!! So did the squash and mushrooms, but bf threw his out:noway: :noway: and only until I asked if he ate all his veggies did he say they were in the trash:grumble: so I couldn't even eat them and I'd been savoring mine. My granny was a big fan of yellow and orange peppers, they are so exp, I am certainly not cutting my budget on the red ones but like when the others (besides green:tongue: ) are on sale! This with whole wheat pasta sounds great and I just happen to have some! Gave bf the choice with the sausge but he wanted a philly type thing, :laugh: considering how messy it was ( i added some pasta sauce)............tell me how the pasta turns out as I have two links for us in the freezer!:heart:
  • lynniejones
    Options

I agree! I made vegetable kabobs to go with skirt steak on the grill tonight and the red ones were almost blackened:blushing: as I wasn't paying attention and they tasted amazing!!! So did the squash and mushrooms, but bf threw his out:noway: :noway: and only until I asked if he ate all his veggies did he say they were in the trash:grumble: so I couldn't even eat them and I'd been savoring mine. My granny was a big fan of yellow and orange peppers, they are so exp, I am certainly not cutting my budget on the red ones but like when the others (besides green:tongue: ) are on sale! This with whole wheat pasta sounds great and I just happen to have some! Gave bf the choice with the sausge but he wanted a philly type thing, :laugh: considering how messy it was ( i added some pasta sauce)............tell me how the pasta turns out as I have two links for us in the freezer!:heart:

HAHAH sounds like your BF doesn't know what is the good stuff! I usually don't like things burnt or blackened but peppers are the exception. The colored ones are SO expensive I agree. Can't wait til summer to grow my own. sometimes I find bags of the colored ones at Meijers in the markdown section priced very reasonalbly and if you are charring them it doesn't matter if they are a little softer then if you are eating them raw.
  • porka29
    Options
    I agree lynnie! I found a bag at Publix for a cheaper price than if I'd bought them individually. They were green and red peppers but hadn't had the green ones in awhile so it was okay. Are you reading my mind? I just bought a book at Home Depot the other day about gardening, I was thinking of doing my own veggie garden, growing up in VA we always had one and now I would love to, just being in FL makes we wonder when to start, what to do, etc. Bottom line is that I want to grow my own too (esp yellow orange and red!:tongue: ) so are you gonna do it? I want to. Maybe I'll make a thread in the food and nutrition section, "For those wanting to grow veggies..." :laugh: bet there would be some others to give good advice!
  • lynniejones
    Options
    Hmm I never had luck growing much when I lived in Florida, the soil was so sandy and I was used to Ohio. We did a patio garden in big pots. Here are some ideas:
    http://www.rentaldecorating.com/gardenpatio.htm
  • porka29
    Options
    Thank you, I am going to look into doing it this way due to the fact that my yard is really sandy PLUS we have bushes everywhere in the front and side, plus a GIANT mango tree (which I hate - will never eat the fruit unless I grow a new conscience!) that I can't grow around with my dog's landmines...........lol but I have some good ideas and will use yours as well. Tell me how the pasta and sausage turns out so I can try, thanks!:flowerforyou:
  • porka29
    Options
    Thank you, I am going to look into doing it this way due to the fact that my yard is really sandy PLUS we have bushes everywhere in the front and side, plus a GIANT mango tree (which I hate - will never eat the fruit unless I grow a new conscience!) that I can't grow around with my dog's landmines...........lol but I have some good ideas and will use yours as well. Tell me how the pasta and sausage turns out so I can try, thanks!:flowerforyou:
  • porka29
    Options
    Oh, and btw, it's cool that you're at 29 lbs lost, since as you can see, my favorite driver from Nascar is 29 thus the number is my nic...............cause I turn 38 tomorrow!!!! whoo hoo!