help

Options
im 5' tall and weighted 164 pounds. throught healthy eating i managed to loose 34 pounds. during this whole period i didnt exercise at all but i do have a very active job as a waitress. after about 3 months weighting the same and not being able to break through the 130's, i decided to join the gym. since i joined 4 weeks ago ive only gained weight and inches since my original size. im really sad and discouraged. ive never worked so hard at anything. i always have around 300 calories to spear, but im so scared to even eat them. should i try eating all my calories? help anyone!

Replies

• colombiana444
    colombiana444 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    im 5' tall and weighted 164 pounds. throught healthy eating i managed to loose 34 pounds. during this whole period i didnt exercise at all but i do have a very active job as a waitress. after about 3 months weighting the same and not being able to break through the 130's, i decided to join the gym. since i joined 4 weeks ago ive only gained weight and inches since my original size. im really sad and discouraged. ive never worked so hard at anything. i always have around 300 calories to spear, but im so scared to even eat them. should i try eating all my calories? help anyone!
  • nickybr38
    nickybr38 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    You should be eating all your calories AND all your exercise calories. Give it a try and see what happens. :smile:
  • beagle595
    beagle595 Posts: 226
    Options
    Talked to a Nutritionist at the Gym. They will check your daily intake of calories. Change up the foods you eat daily and your exercise routine. Good luck! And keep up the great work outs!
  • kfromalaska
    Options
    Try turbo jam! a freind of mine lost over 60 pounds doing that for 30 minutes every day and eating about 1200 calories. I just started and so far so good. it's really fun.
  • Heatmiser
    Heatmiser Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I never get on the scale once I start my gym routine again. As you gain muscle, you retain water temporarily. You need this water. You will start to lose fat after a couple of weeks of consistant exercise. This is the healthy way to lose weight. My advice, do not get on the scale and go by how your clothes feel. I went through a span where the scale didn't change for weeks, but my clothes were getting bigger and that's all that counts. Stick with it. You will get there. I am back on the wagon again after almost 6 months off. I am basically starting over.

Good Luck!!!:wink:
  • colombiana444
    colombiana444 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    :smile: thanks a bunch
  • dublife
    Options
    I agree with Heatmiser. I recently started hitting the gym after about a year. :ohwell: It has been two weeks and I have actually gained a few pounds. But just like she said, my clothes are starting to get bigger and I'm feeling so much better and energetic. Keep at it and the results will come, they just don't come instantly.