New here Help please!

Hi all my name is Dawn and i am new to my fitness pal...im mainly on my mobile app but i have a few questions (just to be sure) for anyone who can help. I entered that i would work out 5 times a week and that i want to lose 2lbs per week and according to my weigh height and activity...my fitness pal says i should eat 1440 calories a day. Ive noticed that (even if im not done with my caloric goal for the day) and i exercise and put in my calories lost...that the 'remaining calories' section goes back up. Should i eat the calories i burned ('remaining calories section' assuming i entered my caloric lost) and my day is finished? Or should i pay more attention to the food section making sure it doesnt pass 1440 even if i exercised?
Referring to mobile app
Thanks so much!!

Replies

• vivie72
    vivie72 Posts: 127 Member
    Welcome. MFP already figures in a deficit so yes you can eat your exercise calories if you want. Some days I eat mine and some days I don't or I only eat a few. It depends how hungry you are. Remember eating less doesn't always mean a faster loss. Feel free to add me if you want.
  • docHelen
    docHelen Posts: 198
    i agree with Vivie72. your aim is to eat as close to the calories remaining that you are given. consistently eating a lot less won't help. enjoy the site and make lots of friends cause that really helps
  • Dawn_S
    Dawn_S Posts: 15
    Thank you so much! I was killing myself just trying to figure out if i should eat the calories back! Lol i knew eating less would cause your body to go into conservation or starvation mode (if you will) but i did not want to over eat so thanks! :)
  • Dawn_S
    Dawn_S Posts: 15
    Thanks DocHelen :) i am already enjoying this site very much. Its very positive! And thank you so much for ur feedback! I really appreciate it!