Posting meal plan in the AM for the day

Options
Does anyone post all their meal plans and exercise for the day in the morning? I'm thinking this will help me stay on track if I have a plan.

Replies

• coatsie79
    coatsie79 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Yes, I find it helps me keep to my calorie goal.
  • daydream58
    daydream58 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Always - then during the day I can just edit any changes that happened or put different things in to see what balances my meals the best and what exercise I need to do to have the extra that I want. It's a GREAT tool for me to plan ahead like that. Probably my favorite thing about MFP.
  • bluegirl10
    bluegirl10 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    Yes, I plan my meals out the night before and get it logged firs thing in the AM.... It's been making it easier for me to stay on track and see my calories for the day.
  • Brownski860
    Brownski860 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    i log all my food for the day first thing in the morning. I do not log my exercise until AFTER i have completed it. This way, I hold myself accountable for actually DOING it.
    I find this keeps me on track better since its all mapped out ahead of time.
  • missolesky
    Options
    I put in the food first thing in the morning then I put in the exercise as I complete it it works best for me that way
  • HonkyTonks
    HonkyTonks Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    I log a bit before and after, but it's easier to put say dinner down before you eat it, that way it gives you an idea of what your overall calorie 'spend' will be and know whether you have any left over for snacks etc.
  • jbdowns35
    jbdowns35 Posts: 352
    Options
    I absolutely pre-log my day's food & exercise. Holds me accountable & I can adjust if there are any changes in my day. Works great for me.
  • jagoochie
    jagoochie Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    i log as much of my food as i can in teh morning as then i know what i have and it helps me stick to it

my exercise i tend to log it after ive done it - soemtimes before if i wanna know if i can eat extra! lol
  • Awesome!
  • CARNAT22
    CARNAT22 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    I log my food as far in advance as possible - sometimes I plan the whole week !!

Of course I chop and change a bit but I find this helps me with planning my shopping as well.

I don't use the food diary as a log I use it as a planner. That way I can make healhtier choices. Also if I fancy something 'bad' I log it and that normaly deters me LOL!

I tend to log exercise on the day - although I know I walk for an hour every day so I log that in advance.
  • neenaj33
    neenaj33 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I seem to stay on plan more when I do. Definitely works,
  • neenaj33
    neenaj33 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I seem to stay on plan more when I do. Definitely works,
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    Not every day, but if I know what's for dinner, especially if it's a treat dinner, I'll log that then plan backwards with the left over calories, including how much exercise I need to do.
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    I log all my food and snacks the night before, all the way up to dinner. Usually go over, but I'm not too worried about it, since I usually take something off, or do a work out to counter it.
  • mzjessicab
    mzjessicab Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Yes, i like to do it, because it helps me stay on track. but I notice that some days I won't even eat everything!
  • thetiwi1890
    thetiwi1890 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Always - then during the day I can just edit any changes that happened or put different things in to see what balances my meals the best and what exercise I need to do to have the extra that I want. It's a GREAT tool for me to plan ahead like that. Probably my favorite thing about MFP.

^^^^^THIS^^^^^
    100% agree.
  • freckly_vermonter_girl
    Options
    Yes, I do. Especially when I am at work all day and tempted to nibble at snacks when I'm at my desk. Knowing how many calories I will be eating for the day - and that they are all accounted for and will be delicious - totally helps me keep on track. :)
  • Vhovell
    Vhovell Posts: 286
    Options
    Most the time during the morning because i don't normally have time to do it in the evenings and it helps to get my tastebuds tingling for a meal in the evening!!
  • Breadoholic
    Breadoholic Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    YEP! ALL THE TIME. Keeps me on track.
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    i will post what i know i will eat. like in the morning i will post breakfast and lunch, because i take my lunch to work so I know what it will be. I will post dinner if i know what that will be. it helps me know what snacks if any , or what i can add extra to a meal. and it can always be tweaked if something changes.