Calorie food without carbs and fat ?

Options
Hi I am new to this and trying to keep my diet from going over to many carbs or fats, what can I eat that's healthy that is not carb or fatty? thanks

Replies

• MZNIKKIBOO
    Options
    bump -- good ?
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Well there is no ceiling on various macronutrient intake, going "over" is only a problem when you are neglecting the other macros and not hitting your minimum amounts for those macros

but to answer your question

lean proteins ie chicken, lean beef etc
    protein powder
    tuna and other fish
  • lor007
    lor007 Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    Cabs and fats are both part of a healthy diet, but okay..

Lean meats, egg whites, non-fat Greek yogurt
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    Protein.

However, dietary fat is very good for you so unless you have a medical condition requiring you to minimize it, you should eat up, being mindful of your caloric intake.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    Well there is no ceiling on various macronutrient intake, going "over" is only a problem when you are neglecting the other macros and not hitting your minimum amounts for those macros

^ And this is a good summary.
  • aldale
    aldale Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I am doing the low carb thing and I am eating lots of lean meat, eggs, cheese, nuts, veggies, and berries. Hope this helps!
  • babyblake11
    babyblake11 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    WHOLE EGGS! :) i hate that people only use the whites unless its for a shake or something.. there is NOTHING wrong with the yolk, its good for you and its not even high cal?
  • jenellie
    jenellie Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    ok question how close do you have to be for your recommended calories, as i thought the less calories you have the more you lose, but its tellimg me i'm to much under? a little more than half the calories acceptable?
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,641 Member
    Options
    Lean Steak!
  • noneya2010
    noneya2010 Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    WHOLE EGGS! :) i hate that people only use the whites unless its for a shake or something.. there is NOTHING wrong with the yolk, its good for you and its not even high cal?

I agree. I have been eating eggs for 40 years - usually every day I have 1, sometimes 2. Yolk and all. I have extremely good blood values as far as cholesterol -- both good and bad -- and my triglycerides have always been perfect. There is so much bad reports about eggs which are now being de-bunked by new research. It would be interesting to see how many others have eaten eggs their entire life and have no blood lipid issues. (Not saying everyone will because some people have cholesterol issues even at perfectly healthy weights and BMIs)...