Durn! My boss brought in Krispy Kremes!

Options
That's it really. I've decided I'm going to eat my hard boiled eggs first and then later if I really want a doughnut I will eat one and exercise extra hard tonight. :happy:

Replies

• luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    ummmm.......can you try to exercising self-discipline??? Exercise is great but should not be used as an excuse to eat unhealthy calories. Just saying :) Forget about the doughnuts. They don't need you, you don't need them. You will feel way better about yourself if you skip the doughnut AND exercise.

Good luck!
  • nadiB
    nadiB Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Ooops.......... lettuce, tomato and cucumber for dinner :-)
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,986 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: there isn't one good reason in the world for you to eat a doughnut.......they have no nutrition and too much sugar and will take you much too long to exercise away the calories. If you really want to lose weight, say no to doughnuts and all their useless relatives :bigsmile:
  • csparon
    csparon Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I would eat half! :)
    My boss keeps bringing me donuts and cupcakes and I just put them in a bag, bring them home and give them to my boyfriend :D
  • pat2552
    pat2552 Posts: 10
    Options
    Everytime someone brings food to the office, I think of how many people are poking and touching the food and how many people don't wash their hands regularly. Keeps me away from the food for sure!
  • auticus
    auticus Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    I avoid the kitchen. People bring in doughnuts, cake, you name it. I hate it. So I just stick to my cubicle and eat some almonds and wait to go home lol.
  • ZachyABaby
    Options
    steal his soul. that will teach him.
  • margo36
    margo36 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Krispy Kremes are sweet and sickly. If you have one you wish you hadn't so best not bother.:flowerforyou:
  • DWilbanks
    DWilbanks Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Eat the hole, and leave the doughnut.

LOL
  • DWilbanks
    DWilbanks Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Everytime someone brings food to the office, I think of how many people are poking and touching the food and how many people don't wash their hands regularly. Keeps me away from the food for sure!

Maybe I need to try this trick...lol almost threw up a little in my mouth
  • Southernsister
    Southernsister Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I vvould think about them and vvhat they are doing to their body and say im strong....im tough.....that sugar vvill kill me and hurt my stomach and I could have one GREAT meal for all those calories. shovv them you have control.
    Rock it girl...be a leader
  • mandimoore617
    mandimoore617 Posts: 325 Member
    Options

^^^ THIS.

However, if you REALLY want a doughnut then I am unlike the nay-sayers and I say go for it. An original glazed has 200 calories. Either eat less for dinner or workout MORE tonight to "make up" for those 200 calories.

Yes, doughnuts are NOT healthy, but we ALL know that! Even before everyone on this site was eating healthy, they'd all eat food they knew wasn't healthy! Including me. And you know what, I STILL eat the unhealthy stuff, but I do it RARELY! The trick is to not deprive yourself. You can eat WHATEVER you want as long as it is in MODERATION.

I'm sorry, I know pizza isn't healthy (at least not the way I like it), but I have no desire to go the rest of my life without pizza. So, I have it on occasion and I exercise more, drink more water, and eat less the next few days. And after almost 40 lbs down without giving up any of my "guilty pleasure" foods, I think this is what's going to work for me.

To those of you who can do it without eating ANY junk food or ANY unhealthy foods, then GREAT! I'm just not one of them.
  • radicalreader
    radicalreader Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Here's the thing with the Krispy Kremes ... it's just not going to be as good as you think it is.
    Once your boss pulled away from the drive through and KKs started to cool, the quality went down so fast that it's not even the same donut once it gets to your office. When you eat it, you're inevitably going to be disappointed.

Whole different story if you're driving past the store when they turn on the neon. In that case, I'd say go for it, savor every last bite, and exercise it off later.
  • meg_sue
    meg_sue Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    My boss used to always bring donuts and sodas to our general manager meetings. Then one day I told him how awesome I thought it was that he is keeping his employees health in mind and is offering a variety of healthy choices for those of us who choose to not clog up our arteries.

We get fruit and water or juice now.

and I hate the Krispy Creams, I used to work near one and every time I would go by I just smelled fried fat rolled in sugar.
  • mandimoore617
    mandimoore617 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Here's the thing with the Krispy Kremes ... it's just not going to be as good as you think it is.
    Once your boss pulled away from the drive through and KKs started to cool, the quality went down so fast that it's not even the same donut once it gets to your office. When you eat it, you're inevitably going to be disappointed.

Whole different story if you're driving past the store when they turn on the neon. In that case, I'd say go for it, savor every last bite, and exercise it off later.

They put in a Krispy Kreme next door to the grocery store that I go to every week (the grocery store, NOT the Krispy Kreme). Their glazed doughnuts are ALWAYS hot & you can watch them go through the line and they take them off and give them to you and they are so hot and fresh! Yes, that is the ONLY way to have a Krispy Kreme!! :-) I'm proud to say, I haven't been except the one time when they had their grand opening. :-)
  • southerngirlspa
    Options
    Haha, I haven't had a Krispy Kreme yet guys....I do have some will power for goodness sakes : ) I said IF I still want one REALLY bad I will eat it BUT living in KK headquarters town they really aren't THAT big a deal to me. They are all over the freakin place and no, they aren't usually as good as you think they are going to be.

I just thought it was funny that he brought them in knowing that Im trying to not "indulge" with crap right now. I like the suggestion to steal his soul.

Sweets are not my weakness anyway...pizza and chips and salsa are more like it to me.
  • southerngirlspa
    Options

Maybe I need to try this trick...lol almost threw up a little in my mouth

Also this!!

Any of you guys who would like to send me a friend request please do so...Im new and could use the friends also you can keep abreast of whether I gave into the KK evil, haha.
  • sallywilson06
    sallywilson06 Posts: 269 Member
    Options

That's a really good idea... I never thought of it that way before!!