Motivation is there, but body is struggling...

Options
So, once again, I started my weight loss journey. I have always had weight issues because I have always ate poorly. It was not until before my pregnancy with my daughter who is now 8 years old, was it that I had faith that I could actual lose weight rather than gaining. I remember that I lost 40 pounds because I wanted to have a healthy pregnancy. Now I am mother of 2 beautiful children who are 8 (daughter) and 5(son). I have gone on multiple diets and learned many different things like emotional eating, protein, fiber and even the famous crabs. I am the kind of person who dives into whatever I need/want to do head first. I am 35 now, and recently I started feeling knee pain. That is a HUGE eye opener for me. I have a doctor's appt tonight, but my knees hurts so bad when I walk down the stairs, that I feel like how am I every going to get this weight off?

Ever since I started losing, I have been active and even though my family has medical issues like cholesterol and blood pressure, I have managed to dodge those bullets due to my exercise.

Has anyone else felt this way? What have to done to keep going and not look back to still lose weight? In the mean time, I started taking my Glucosamine to help my joints and Aleeve for the pain. I have had back pain before, where I have had to take anti-inflammatory meds but the knee pain is new for me.

Thank you for listening to me this AM...

D

Replies

• manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    I have a knee injury and a back problem as well, food intake is the most important thing when you can't excercise and using MFP to monitor you food is the best thing you can do. Excercise when and how you can, there is loads of advice on here about how to work around injuries or joint problems but you need to diagnose the problem first. Hopefully it is an injury and will heal. Good luck to you :smile:
  • cpegasus01
    cpegasus01 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I was having some knee pain myself and I started the glucosamine supplements. I have found that they certainly help. They could probably help with any back pain too.
  • GetFitElle
    Options
    I felt this way this weekend, and it took something really drastic for me to get it together. I'm not a parent, but I still help a ton to take care of my house with my mom, and help raise my teen sister. I watched a DVD called Food Matters, and Knife Over Fork. Two powerful DVD's about food and health, and why it's important to take care of yourself. I also love Black Girls Guide to Weight Loss a weight blog that digs really deeply into emotional eating, fighting urges, and it gives a great perspective on weight. Don't let the name fool you, it's for women of all colors! But these things help me. I'm in my Mid-Older 20's and I'm on 5 medications for blood pressure, and diabetes. So let your kids be your motivation, make these decisions as a good example for them, and so that you are around for them. You can do it! I also love the Gracious pantry blog, she has a ton of family friendly recipes that you can share with the kids, and hubby and there are wholesome! You still get to loose weight, while feeding your family healthy food, and at that point you don't have to worry too much about portion if you don't want BC of the way she makes it.
  • reneemunta
    Options
    Good morning. I was a woman who was told I'd never have children after 2 failed pregnancies, I had 3 children in under 4 years that took my once size 0 body to 168 pounds (average size 9) at only 5'1.

Through MANY ups and downs in life, including 2 of my 3 children diagnosed Type 1 Diabetics, (insulin dependent) I needed to FINALLY get my body to sync with my brain. I just happened across this app on my smart phone, also supported online and in 2 short weeks I've lost 9 pounds, something I haven't been able to do in 17 years.

We (women) can do ANYTHING we set our minds to do, the problem is we give it all to everyone except ourselves. This site has resurrected my inner strength and at the rate I have been losing, I expect to hit my goal well before the schdeuled time given here.

Knowledge is the key. You've already identified some of your habits, that's a start. By tracking your food intake, it will allow you to allocate your calories throughout the day and make better choices.

I wish you all the success.
  • amandae79
    amandae79 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Hello! Have you tried chiropractic? I had knee problems too and my Chiropractor (who was my boss at the time) would adjust my knee. It would feel GREAT after he adjusted it. Now I dont have problems with my knees. Also you mentioned back pain and the chiro. could help that too!

I too have the problem of jumping right in and sticking to a routin for a few months then I get lazy. Slack off, gain the weigh back and then some. Then I feel terrible about myself and start all over again. In fact this is my 2nd go around with MFP, I lost 16 pounds, was feeling amazing, hurt my foot while working out. And that was my excuse to become lazy AGAIN! I have an exercise bike, a gazille, an ab lounger, and some band workouts, but i needed an excuse to stop working out...AND that was it. I have 2 friends that joined the same time I did. One has lost 41 pound and the other 25 pounds. I am mad because I too could have lost more than I have..IF I HAD STUCK WITH IT!

Feel free to add me....WE CAN DO THIS!
  • gudiiya
    gudiiya Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for all the suggestions and motivations you gave through your words...I have a feeling MFP and my new pals on here will help me through this jouney. We can do this because others have and we just have to stick to it! I will keep you updated on what the doctor tells me today, but I am still going to start taking care of myself by remembering to take my vitamins/glucosamine/anito-inflamatories...
  • STACEBAR
    Options
    We can do this together!! It's nice NOT to be alone in this journey!!