Every week are you losing?

Options
Scale is showing .4lbs increase in weight. Is anyone out there losing consistently every week 1lb - 2lbs weekly. I haven't been drinking my water the way I should so I know this can defiitely be my body holding onto water. I just want to hear stories from those who have lost 15lbs or more how their journey-experiences has been. I am not discouraged I knew I could expect this. I have been overweight now for 4 years it isn't going to come off overnight but I need some reinforcements.

Thanks!

Replies

• Aussie4870
    Options
    i know just how you feel...my scale has not been co-operating with me since Friday and im not sure what is going on...

if i was eating bad or not exercising i wouldnt be so frustrated but i am and i see no good reason why i would have put on 1.5lbs...

my husband (who knows all about stuff like getting healthy, staying fit and all that) told me not to even worry about it and that to just keep going with what im doing...so that is what im going to do...

are you really being honest with yoursellf about eating right and getting in some exercise? if so then let it be....less than half a pound could be anything...

im sure that you are doing great...staying on track is hard! especially when life gets in the way...

keep up the hard work...im sure that it will pay off!!!!
  • PhilipByrne
    PhilipByrne Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Scale is showing .4lbs increase in weight. Is anyone out there losing consistently every week 1lb - 2lbs weekly. I haven't been drinking my water the way I should so I know this can defiitely be my body holding onto water. I just want to hear stories from those who have lost 15lbs or more how their journey-experiences has been. I am not discouraged I knew I could expect this. I have been overweight now for 4 years it isn't going to come off overnight but I need some reinforcements.

Thanks!
    I doubt if anyone has lost weight in a straight line. Your body doesn't work like that. We've all had the same experience. No loss one week, maybe 3lbs the next. Stick with it, it works over the long term.

Slán
    Phil
  • JohnFurie
    Options
    Yeah you will have peaks and valleys, I will either lose 2-3 per week or I will maintain my current weight. Since I have been on MVP I have not gained any back. But drinking your water for weight loss. Well it is for me anyway.

Good luck in your journey!
  • boston6
    boston6 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    In the beginning first 6 weeks it was a constant loss (about 23 lbs in the first 5 weeks)....then a plateau for several weeks....now my weight bounces up and down a bit but I'm seeing a slower trend down (5lbs in the last 6 weeks).

Just stick to it. It will work eventually.
  • SmallerBecky
    Options
    Nope, not consistent at all, sometimes up and sometimes down but overall a downward trend. :) Sounds like you're doing a good job!
  • melvac
    melvac Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    When I first started on this Journey I lost a lot in the beginning. Now I am losing but it is down to maybe 2#'s per week. I am on a 90day challenge with Zeal fit and Free. Here are some things I believe are helping, we eat every 2 to 3 hours this keeps the metabolism up of course I drink almost a gallon of water daily. I exercise and log everything before I eat it that way I know what I am eating before eating. Just hang in there it will come off...
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    hell no!
    But I've been keeping track, and since I started, it averages 0.65 pounds a week. What I wouldn't give to actually see that consistently, though...some weeks, I gain; some weeks, I lose; some weeks, I'm the same.
  • amyschaefer
    Options
    I have lost 17 pounds and never lost consistently. I will lose nothing and feel frustrated then one day I am down 3 pounds. Last time I lost nothing for about 3 weeks and then one day I was 5 pounds lighter...that was a week and a half ago and I am still the same weight. I am trying to stay away from the scale and will weigh again in a few days.
  • Maryfullofgrace
    Maryfullofgrace Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Nope. I am not losing consistently... I do well for a streak, and then hang on for nearly a month bouncing up and down a pound until I break over, then the waterfall begins again. It is a frustration point, but I keep assuring myself losing weight slowly is more likely to stay off.
  • slowlysteadily
    slowlysteadily Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    No, I'm not losing every week. I have weighed and recorded myself daily since beginning counting calories in mid-April. The first few months went well, I fell from 195lbs to 183lbs in 4 months, nice and steady.

Then I got on a plateau for another 8 weeks. No idea why! I maintained my calorific deficit and kept exercising so it wasn't as if I had stopped doing what I should have been doing. This month I'm falling once again have been down as low as 178lbs. Inexplicable but <shrug>.

So you should prepare for some periods of time where your weight just doesn't change for a week or even several weeks. Eventually it will start falling again.

SS
  • jah7700
    jah7700 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Yes, as long as I track and stay on plan...

MFP set a higher caloric goal than my Dr... Went with my Dr's recommendation and am consistently losing now... Also, cutting out the beer and going out to eat every weekend helped too!
  • dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
    I went down something every week from February to June. Sinc June I have only lost 3 pounds. I need to do something to shake it up, but most say as soon as you get close to the goal it slows down a little. I am thinking about not eating back my cardio calories. I need a scale victory!
  • futuremrsh_71412
    Options
    I have been loosing every week, even if it has been .5lbs or 3lbs, but I weighed myself today and I gained TWO POUNDS!! I have been horrible with drinking water lately so I reassure myself that is it, if I start chugging away and weigh again in a few days, hopefully that will help. Keep going, you will reach success...it's the slow and steady that definitly wins that race.
  • dixiech1ck
    dixiech1ck Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    First off -- everyone's body is different. You may not be losing but your friends are? It could be genetic. Your body may be reacting to foods differently than someone else. Some people are more sensitive to certain foods than others. If you are working out, you could be gaining muscle. You are a woman -- if you still get your monthly friend, you may be retaining water. It's a lot of "if's"... it'll happen. We just need patience.
  • melanie_J
    melanie_J Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I have been losing at least 1 lb a week, though it's steadily decreasing as I go. The only thing I can think to do is change up my exercise routine, as I think my body has become used to the ones I've been doing. Good luck girl, you've got this! Just keep at it!