C25K Buddies!!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• Nolynoelia20
    Options
    im just about finished.. week 9 day 1 tomorrow. Im excited to finally call myself a runner! (i never in my life ran for more than 5 mins & that was back in high school) Good luck on ur 5K :happy:
  • AJDistel
    Options
    Good morning Runners!!!

I did my W5D2 yesterday and did really good. I even went over the 8 mins so I was pretty happy with that. It makes me feel better about running the 20 mins straight tomorrow. I think I need to get new running shoes. This is something I plan to keep up so I want some good ones. Any suggestions??

Good luck running today!!!
  • AJDistel
    Options
    im just about finished.. week 9 day 1 tomorrow. Im excited to finally call myself a runner! (i never in my life ran for more than 5 mins & that was back in high school) Good luck on ur 5K :happy:

Good luck on your final week! I'm sure it'll be a great accomplishment to finish a program like this!
  • AJDistel
    Options
    I have done C25K and graduated and did my first 5K back in 2010.

Now that I had fallen off the wagon, and gained some. I have hopped back on and want to start running again.

This time around my day1 wasn't so pleasant. But I'll keep chugging along. :)

This is actually my second running program. I like the C25k better that the other. But I know it's hard to start again. Good luck and like you said... just keep chuggin!
  • ladybug1009
    ladybug1009 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Good morning Runners!!!

I did my W5D2 yesterday and did really good. I even went over the 8 mins so I was pretty happy with that. It makes me feel better about running the 20 mins straight tomorrow. I think I need to get new running shoes. This is something I plan to keep up so I want some good ones. Any suggestions??

I've had a pair of Asics that were great.

I have a pair of Under Armour shoes now that are comfortable, not so sure I like them for running though.
  • AJDistel
    Options

I've heard a lot of people suggest them. I should look into them.
  • AJDistel
    Options
    TGIF!!! How's everyone doing this morning?

C25k week 5 is completed! Felt good after my run. Now that I know I can run nonstop, I'm looking forward to the rest of the weeks. How did everyone else do?
  • ladybug1009
    ladybug1009 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Taking a rest day today. I might do an exercise video though later. Hopefully will go for a run tomorrow after I work.

Glad to hear your run went really well! Kudos to you! :flowerforyou:
  • RockyController
    Options
    I had started this last week but have fallen off the bandwagon already. Plan to start over Monday and aim to run 4 days a week.
  • conchita962
    conchita962 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Good morning Runners!!!

I am addicted to joesnewbalanceoutlet.com GREAT shoes at awesome prices! If you don't like a shoes...return them no questions asked. I just got the 740's and i love them alot!!!
  • AJDistel
    Options
    I run in New Balances. I like them, but I didn't know if there was something better out there. I'm gonna need a new pair soon. Thanks for the info.

RockyController- Good luck starting. Just remember to take your time and listen to your body. You don't want to push it and hurt yourself. But keep trudging along cause its definitely worth it.

Have a great weekend everyone. See you on Monday.
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    I just completed Week 6, Day 3....felt like giving up a few times, but I did it!!!

And for those asking about shoes....go get yourself fitted!
  • mrsmorganray
    Options
    I am on W2D3! Go me! I am running my first 5K on Thanksgiving morning! So far so good! Good luck everyone!
  • conchita962
    conchita962 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Week 8 done today...One more week to go! Was very slow today..but I ran in the dang rain!!!
    Good luck everyone.

Keep on Runnin'!
  • cayzweaver
    cayzweaver Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your support! Could you suggest anyone else to join my "team"? I could really use all the help I can get! I ran this morning on the treadmill and felt good that I made it through all the running without stopping once. I step up a level next week and I'm a little anxious, but I'll keep chugging along. :smile:
  • AJDistel
    Options
    Well I'm doing W6D2 tomorrow. I'm really not liking the walk and run part of it anymore. But if I'm correct, tomorrow will be my last day of that. I'm looking forward to just running. :)

Is anyone doing a different type of workout on the days off? Just curious as to what everyone else is doing.

cayzweaver... Not sure what you mean, but if you need a buddy for support... you can friend me.