My Trick for Saving & Logging All My Common (and not so comm

Options
This is my time-saving method for saving and accessing all my favorite foods for easy future logging:

1. Take a blank section of your diary and add ONE of your favorite foods (using the best possible result you can find in the database) as the only entry. If possible, sellect a weight/quantity that will be easy to make multiples of (when you see my example in #5 below, you'll see what I mean).

2. Save it as a Meal and give it a name that describes it well (so when you search, it will pop up).

3. Delete it now from your diary (unless, of course, you are eating it at that time and need to log it...).

4. From now on, when you want to add the food, it can easily be found under your “Meals” tab. Even better, from now on, when you add a food to your diary and do a database search, as long as your search results are set to “Sort by Relevance” (you can choose to sort by “relevance” or “name” right under the search box), then your saved Meal(s) that match the search phrase will always come up at the very TOP of the search results. Easy access!

5. Select your meal and adjust the serving size as appropriate. As an example of how I use this, I prefer to weigh all my fruits and vegetables. I try to save 100-gram portions of each of those fruits/veggies as a separate saved Meal. So when I eat a 128-gram banana, I just make my serving size 1.28. I’ve found this to be an easy and efficient approach. It is also much more accurate than selecting "medium banana" from the database.

Keep on losing!!