Baby Carrots

Options
I eat the Bolthouse Farms Premium Sweet Petities. The bag says 35 calories for 3 oz. About how many is that? I fill up a snack size ziplock bag and count it as 3 oz. Am I way off?

Replies

• kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    If you don't have a scale I would say it's a loose cup (meaning don't pack it down).
  • Sonchie
    Sonchie Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    get a scale. its a lifesaver!
  • RAFValentina
    RAFValentina Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    Get a set of scales! 3oz is about 75g in the UK which, is about 1 smallish carrot. So I'd say 1-3 but this is not an accurate way of measuring! :)

Val
  • kimbk1
    kimbk1 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    i bought an inexpensive weight scale for food at walmart and I use that more than I thought I would. I highly recommend that because you get so many types of weights. more than just oz. or lbs.
  • mandasimba
    mandasimba Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Take how many servings per bag and divide it up.
  • Tree72
    Tree72 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    A food scale definitely helps a lot. For the baby-cut carrots I find that 3 oz is usually 8 to 12 depending on the size of the pieces.
  • Jelleebean
    Options
    the 340gram bags of bolthouse baby carrots are 4 servings :smile: and at 140 cals for the whole bag, i don't feel guilty eatting the whole bag.
    the bag sometimes says 14 carrots is the serving. but you can't go by that, because as you know, sometimes they're huge, sometimes they're toothpicks.
  • Tereztaylor07
    Options
    When I weigh out my baby carrots, it's usually just a handful, not a FULL sandwich baggie. I would count that as two servings probably. And like everyone said, buy a scale, it's the best food investment I made. No more guessing, no more cheating lol.
  • MzMiller1215
    MzMiller1215 Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    It's about 14 carrots.
  • jmgee
    jmgee Posts: 1
    Options
    Shari, I checked my bag of carrots from Weis. They are called Baby Style so I am thinking your petite sweets are smaller. Anyway, 12 carrots of the ones I buy make 3 oz. and they fit in a snack size plastic bag. So I think you are probably okay with filling a snack size bag with your little ones.