The best plant-based omega 3-6-9 ( not fish oil)?

Options
I have been looking at quite a few brands that are a 3-6-9 plant based blend but can't decide which one would be best .. flax seed oil, borage oil, evening primrose oil, black currant oil, pumpkin seed oil etc.. it all seems so confusing.. I actually found one brand that had them all along with canola oil- that concerns me.. is canola oil good or bad for you? what should the ratio be of the 3-6-9? which omega source has the most health benefits? note.. I can't take take fish oil. TIA

Replies

• mfpgeezy
    Options
    i like flax seed the best, but i really cant offer much feedback on it, but why do you want plant based kind? if you dun minds me askins
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I choose to not touch canola oil whenever I can avoid it. If that pushes me to hemp oil, olive oil, coconut oil so be it, but I'm not a canola fan :)
  • ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    Options
    I add Milled/ground Flax seed in my oatbran every morning
  • djkshdfd
    djkshdfd Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    Chia is the highest in omega 3 which is what we lack most. Most people get enough omega 6 already so it's more important to get the 3s. Flaxseed is next in line for having the most.
  • momof8munchkins
    momof8munchkins Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    i like flax seed the best, but i really cant offer much feedback on it, but why do you want plant based kind? if you dun minds me askins
    I tried fish oil and it made very ill.. so I am looking at plant based sources instead
  • busywaterbending
    busywaterbending Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    hemp seed. I already posted about this in the oct. paleo 30 thread. Eat what native americans have known for thousands of years. The non cannibals, any way. lol
  • momof8munchkins
    Options
    hemp seed. I already posted about this in the oct. paleo 30 thread. Eat what native americans have known for thousands of years. The non cannibals, any way. lol
    I'll do some reading up on it... hahaha- though my husband would think I need to get re-saved if I start using hemp.. yeah I know it's not pot ,but getting him to understand that could be a job.:laugh:
  • mfpgeezy
    Options
    I tried fish oil and it made very ill.. so I am looking at plant based sources instead
    fish oil made my stomach feel funny and made me have nasty(weird fishy taste) burps, but i switched to krill oil and have non of those side effects, i put milled flax seeds in my protein shakes and i cook with olive oil.
  • momof8munchkins
    Options
    fish oil made my stomach feel funny and made me have nasty(weird fishy taste) burps, but i switched to krill oil and have non of those side effects, i put milled flax seeds in my protein shakes and i cook with olive oil.

I am not talking indigestion and fish burps.. When I said very ill, I meant symptoms very similiar to food poisoning-stomach pain, vomiting and diarrhea.. not something I want to take a chance on happening again
  • busywaterbending
    busywaterbending Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    re-save? what? hemp is not marijuana. Hemp is grown in the north, pot in the jungles. And in Wash. rainforests, lol. Big difference in the seeds. I promise, no shake junt going on at all with hemp hearts. lol totally legit.
  • mfpgeezy
    Options

I am not talking indigestion and fish burps.. When I said very ill, I meant symptoms very similiar to food poisoning-stomach pain, vomiting and diarrhea.. not something I want to take a chance on happening again

yea i understood what u meant i was just sharin my experience :P