Plateau

Options
I just started using this site again. I used it in the past just to track waht I ate but thought I would try some other features this time. I have been excersizing and watching what I eat for about 2.5 weeks and have lost about 8 pounds. But for the last week I can't seem to lose any more!! It is getting very discouraging!! I really try to eat better but I typically don't eat breakfast. If I try working out a little more maybe it will jsut start the weight loss again. Any hints would be appreciated!

Replies

• mrogus
    mrogus Posts: 94
    Options
    I was the same way and still am. I will lose, then plateau, then lose, etc. I have found by changing up my workout helps. I think sometimes you have to shock the body!!!
  • Pocket_Pixi
    Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    You lost 8 pounds in 2 and a half weeks. You haven't lost weight for a week, you are not in a plateau your body is adjusting to the massive loss it has already had. Take your measurements and watch them change too. Keep doing what you are doing and you will eventually see a loss on the scale.
  • schaacker
    schaacker Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Make sure you log your exercises too so that you know how many extra calories you need to eat. Understanding that helped me push past a wall.
  • Fatbuster205
    Fatbuster205 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Absolutely get the tape measure out - it is often more revealing than the scales!
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    It is not a plateau until you have not lost weight for at least 2-3 weeks. You body can fluctuate by 3-4 pounds in a single day, so you may have lost but are seeing the high point of a "normal" fluctuation. Stick with it and if you don't lose any more weight in the next 2-3 weeks then look at changing things up.
  • micklespiffy
    Options
    My plateau record is six weeks.
  • mericksmom
    mericksmom Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Get a mesuring tape and IGNORE the scale. Trust me. Was stuck at same weight for 6 months but lost a crazy amount of inches. You are trying to get into smaller clothes right so the scale just will scare you if it goes up or not....when exersizing you will gain muscle and lose fat, fat has more "packaging" than muscle so while you may be losing 1 lb to replace it with another the scale will sabotage you.
  • Jenh714
    Jenh714 Posts: 14
    Options
    Breakfast is the most important meal of the day and should be eaten with one hour of waking up (so I've heard) to speed up your metabolism. Drink lots of water and maybe exercise a little more each day if only its 30min.
  • DakotaKeogh
    DakotaKeogh Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Plateaus are you body adjusting to the change it's had. They are normal. Frustrating, but normal. Try to resist the temptation to jolt yourself out of it. Not letting your body adjust over time as you lose weight can cause trauma with other negative affects such as hair loss (happened to me). It's best to view this not as a diet with a deadline, but as a change in lifestyle that's permanent. Then just let the weight loss take the time it needs to happen.
  • sansey
    sansey Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Wow tahnks for all the comments! Some great suggestions! All things I figured but sometimes it is comforting coming from someone else. I have heard the whole breakfast thing but I just can't seem to get up early enough to eat breakfast. Any ideas for quick easy things to eat fro breakfast?