Losing baby weight!

Options
Hi, everyone! I am hoping to lose the baby weight I gained with my second child. He is now 18 months and I think it is time...tired of telling people I aready had the baby. LOL Anyway, I think this will be a good tool to help with accountability.

Replies

• retrobaby
    retrobaby Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Hi, everyone! I am hoping to lose the baby weight I gained with my second child. He is now 18 months and I think it is time...tired of telling people I aready had the baby. LOL Anyway, I think this will be a good tool to help with accountability.
  • abullock
    abullock Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    That is why I am here too! (except that I just had #5). Good luck to you!
  • PunkinHeadsMOMMA
    Options
    Welcome! I'm also "keeping the baby and losing the weight". So far I've found this is a great tool since I'm losing "on my own" so-ta-speak. It's a great way to conect with others that you know are feeling exactly the same way! Good luck!
  • PunkinHeadsMOMMA
    Options
    That is why I am here too! (except that I just had #5). Good luck to you!

What the? Are you sure you're old enough to have 5 kids. You don't look it by the pic. Hope I look that good....
  • Mattysmomma
    Options

How long is tooo long to use the baby excuse. Mine is 13 months. Thats why i am trying to do something about this now.... next thing i know my daughter will be 18 years old and i will use that excuse....lol.
  • johnblake
    johnblake Posts: 661
    Options
    I don't know much but I don't think babies should be losing weight:noway:
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options

When I first started here I was here to lose the baby weight from baby number 2 and number 1 HAHA. I have been here now for 3 months and I am almost down to what I weighed when I met my husband. I am trying now to get to a healthy weight!

Congrats on the new baby!
  • cupcake568
    cupcake568 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    My baby is 15 months and now I am 20 pounds lighter than I was before I was pregnant! This is an awesome site.
  • sanifrey
    sanifrey Posts: 2,355 Member
    Options
    Welcome & good luck to you on meeting your goals!!
  • kfrancesconi
    kfrancesconi Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! Just joined tonight to help me get back to the way I was before I had my 15 month old twin girls! I am 9 lbs heavier than before I got pregnant with them. First, losing 9 lbs is my goal and then my next goal would be to lose another 10 lbs! One question....does anybody have any good ab excercises for "split abs". Since I was pregnant with twins and almost went full term my ab muscles completely split down the middle. I am looking for ways to put them back together! ha,ha,ha! Thanks!
  • retrobaby
    Options
    Thank you for the encouragement!!!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hi, welcome to MFP. I am kinda new too, been here since December 31st, but didn't officially start until New Years Day. Good luck on your weight loss journey. I love this site.
  • abullock
    abullock Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    tangontrouble, I am definetlly old enough for 5 kids - I am 37 - My girls are 17, 8, 5, 2.5 and our boy is 4 months. With all of my girls I waited soooo long to get back in shape, so I know how you all feel. Now that I know that we are done, I want to get my body back as soon as possible. My motivation: 20th HS reunion and an AZ swim suit season that comes way to soon.
  • retrobaby
    Options
    Abulluck, First, congrats on having your boy :love. Do you have trouble with balancing time? I have a daughter who is 5 and an 18 month old son who I mentioned earlier. With my first I was able to lose it much more quickly than I am now. It just seems my metabolism has slowed down. Oh and I completely understand about swimsuit season...I think I'm ready to hit the beach with the kids and feel good about it. LOL
  • retrobaby
    Options
    Thanks for the motivation. I am already trying harder since posting and seeing ALL the support!!!!