to eat back calories burnt off or not to

Options
2»

Replies

• MIMITIME
    MIMITIME Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Oh my... Another post.

Oh come on...It must have been at least..oooh....3 days since this thread appeared!

If this bothers you, why did you take the time to read it and post? No need to beat up a new user just because they haven't learned the ins and outs of MFP yet. Give them time.
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    Oh my... Another post.

Oh come on...It must have been at least..oooh....3 days since this thread appeared!

So why click it? Way to be an *kitten*. and reknob.
  • MIMITIME
    MIMITIME Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    When you look to right of the page you can see the topic before you click. When I first joined, I didn't know how to do everything on this site. Why are people taking the time to click the topic just to make a sarcastic rude comment? And thanks for the people that did give some useful advice, really answered my question as well :)

Thank you - I could not agree more with what you are saying. I guess some people just like to be rude.
  • CrystalFlury
    CrystalFlury Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Thank you! Thats how i have been doing it since i started last week, but looking at it today because i was doing my husbands food diary for him today and i was going to add in his walking at work which is an 8 hr. day well that puts him like almost triple the amount of calories burnt off, so i don't know how this is going to work for him.

Since you said he walks a lot at work then that's something that would have been taken into consideration when he first created his account. Go back to the settings area in his account and look at which "label" he falls under. You might be considered "sedentary" (spend most of the day sitting, limited walking etc), while he might be labeled as "slightly" or "moderately" active. The reason for this is like someone else said before, MFP sets it's recommended calories for YOU personally based on weight, height, how much you want to lose, and most importantly, how active you are on a daily basis (this is of course NOT including exercise you do). Your husband's walking around at work is considered an EVERY DAY activity, not exercise. Going out for a walk, run, going to the gym before or after work is considered actual exercise.
  • kiesh82
    kiesh82 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    When you look to right of the page you can see the topic before you click. When I first joined, I didn't know how to do everything on this site. Why are people taking the time to click the topic just to make a sarcastic rude comment? And thanks for the people that did give some useful advice, really answered my question as well :)

Thank you - I could not agree more with what you are saying. I guess some people just like to be rude.

Or maybe they are frustrated @ work and need to take it out on somebody? That has to be it b/c why get angry over something so trivial?
  • wilkin_rebecca
    wilkin_rebecca Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Thank you to all that gave me useful advice, that is the support and encouragement i am after. I am new to this site and still working on learning it, and value your time and patience with me.
  • Leyla135
    Options
    I did'nt understand it either when i first started MFP in the beginning of the year. I thought i was able to eat more, i was real happy and content. I wont eat the calories i burned, staying at my 1200 per day so far so good. :flowerforyou: