Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Info of the Day: What is the...The Apple Cider Vinegar Diet?

Apple Cider Vinegar Diet

Apple cider vinegar can be used as a great resource for dieting as it offers great fat burning effects and an appetite suppressant. The apple cider vinegar is fermented apples that produce an acidic solution that promotes weight loss. It has other health benefits as well and it is all natural.

A doctor by the name of Dr. D.C. Jarvis wrote a book in the 1950′s, called Folk Medicine, that revealed the use of apple cider vinegar as a weight loss agent. He said that it produces a fat burning agent. Others have suggested since then that it suppresses the appetite and will make you feel full sooner and longer. It is said to increase metabolism rates as well. The cider also has great detoxing agents that will help clean out your system from all the harmful toxins.

How do you use the apple cider vinegar for dieting purposes? You simply drink a teaspoon or two of the cider before each meal. Ok, so maybe that doesn’t sound so simple. If you have ever smelled the stuff, you can imagine what it tastes like. You can dilute the vinegar to make it a bit easier to swallow down. 2 teaspoons to an 8 ounce glass of water should be fine. I have also heard of mixing it with honey to make it go down a bit easier. After a few times of drinking the cider, it will get easier. Just like with anything else, you will adjust to the taste.

There are several health benefits to using the apple cider vinegar diet other than the weight loss. It offers the ability to lower cholesterol levels. A study performed in 2006 showed that rats that were given the cider had lower cholesterol levels after in taking the cider. A healthy alkaline level in the body is 7.4 percent and the use of apple cider vinegar will produce alkaline in the body as it metabolizes. It also has health benefits for Diabetes as it lowers blood glucose levels. The acid has shown to slow the digestion of starchy foods which in turn lowers the glycemic index which causes the glucose levels to lower.

The best thing about using the apple cider vinegar for weight loss is that it is completely natural and safe. There has been one report of a woman who developed low potassium and weak bones after taking 250 ml every single day for 6 years. It has not been proven that the apple cider vinegar is what caused these problems though. It is not recommended to participate in this diet if you are pregnant or breast feeding. There is just not enough information about the safety of using this method during pregnancy or breast feeding. There are no other studies suggesting that it can cause any harm to your body.

Overall there is no reason not to try this diet as it is natural and safe. You can purchase the apple cider vinegar at the grocery store or at health food stores and it is inexpensive. Also remember that any diet works better if you incorporate an exercise program along with it.

www.applecidervinegar101.com

Note* I have researched various sites regarding the ACV Diet and they typically, read pretty much the same. I currently have been, trying out this diet myself for 4 weeks now....I thought won't hurt to try it...lol

(After researching the various sites & gathering info. The way I do it... Along with my Regular Exercise & Diet drink 3 tsp * in a cup its easier. before my heaviest meal & 3 tsp before bed)

* NOTE to all you skeptics & those who just like to bash members posts...As always this is INFORMATION ONLY! for those who might be curious about it or find it interesting! Like or Dislike. I DO NOT Expect Anyone to do what I do! OK!

Replies

• jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,252 Member
    I tried this once with honey it made me soooo violently ill. I just couldnt get it to stay down. But I have seen it work for others. It is also said to speed up the metabolism
  • deeharley
    deeharley Posts: 1,208 Member
    I have a fiend that drinks 2 Tbsp. of Apple Cider Vinegar every morning - not necessarily for a diet, not sure why.

My opinion of how it helps with weight loss is that it makes you sick and you can't eat anything the rest of the day. :sick:
  • STARSHINE1975
    STARSHINE1975 Posts: 168 Member
    It also helps severe heartburn. I can't stand the stuff personally.
  • Yuck!
  • I have all ways wondered about this. I have never tryed it though. I love vinegar!
  • AngelikaLumiere
    AngelikaLumiere Posts: 862 Member
    I read that vinegar helps heartburn, but the heartburn has to be due to low acid in your stomach. If you are prone to acid reflux, as I am, and you try taking a tablespoon of vinegar, you will get the most horrendous heartburn you have ever felt in your life, speaking as one who tried it and thought she was going to die.:sick:
  • treehugginpam
    treehugginpam Posts: 1,129 Member
    I drink Bragg sometimes, and if you follow the directions it says to do 2 teaspoons in 8 oz of water, with an added teaspoon of honey if you want. When I drink it that's how I do it and I think it tastes just fine! I can't imagine not diluting it...I would think it would be bad for you to drink it straight up like that.
  • Choclat_Pearl
    Choclat_Pearl Posts: 166 Member
    I tried this once with honey it made me soooo violently ill. I just couldnt get it to stay down. But I have seen it work for others. It is also said to speed up the metabolism

I guess its just true everyones body is very different, huh? For 4 weeks I have actually, been doing well with it no problems (knock on wood) I did have a weight loss spuirt 10lbs in 2wks but I don't know if it was the ACV Diet or going off my pain meds...So we'll see.....??