Valentine's Day Fitness Challenge Check-In January 13

Options
Good morning. It's a sunny (but VERY cold) Sunday here in the Colorado mountains. Makes you glad to be alive!

Yesterday I walked for a few hours. That's it. I really need to get back on the ball. I need to keep up my exercise better so that it becomes a habit that I just do without really thinking about it. Although, I suppose with my two little guys I won't ever be able to exercise without some prior thought into it. Oh well! Today is a new day! I'll get something fun in!

+++POSITIVE THOUGHTS+++!!! :flowerforyou:
Niccole

Replies

• NTBoard
    NTBoard Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Good morning. It's a sunny (but VERY cold) Sunday here in the Colorado mountains. Makes you glad to be alive!

Yesterday I walked for a few hours. That's it. I really need to get back on the ball. I need to keep up my exercise better so that it becomes a habit that I just do without really thinking about it. Although, I suppose with my two little guys I won't ever be able to exercise without some prior thought into it. Oh well! Today is a new day! I'll get something fun in!

+++POSITIVE THOUGHTS+++!!! :flowerforyou:
    Niccole
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    I have been bad since Friday night:explode: :explode: So today is a new day. I am going to move furniture and spring clean. I am also going to try some new exercises to do with the kids. My son is starting to wrestle for the city on Monday, so we are going to pump it up today.
    I am ready and I will meet my goal by valentines.:happy:
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    Did my 2 hour yoga yesterday and walked for 30 minutes despite my shin. Feels ok today, but I'm sore from yoga. How am I going to teach yoga for 3 hours, if my teacher needs a sub? I've done it before, just not at 8:30 in the morning.
    Hope to make it to the gym today to do weights and elliptical. The one thing I don't like about my gym is that they don't open until 1pm on Sundays.

Just as a side note: on Friday when I went to the gym (female only), a woman was working out in her bra - not a sports bra - big white cross your heart type bra. One of the hooks was undone as well, so it was a little askew. Would you have said anything? If so, to whom?
  • JulieB21
    JulieB21 Posts: 492
    Options
    I did Total Body Burn again-45 minutes. The rest of the day is mine!
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Hi all, sounds like most of you are happy. I did the best kind of exercise yesterday, shopping and trying clothes on! I spent two hours changing in and out of clothes lol. I hardly ever go shopping for myself but I just couldn't stand the baggy pants forever. But for real exercise last night I worked out to a bellydance video for half an hour. Then we did improv belly dancing for technique for half an hour. We ended with stretching on the stability ball. I am sore today. Today I will work on the house and then go snowshoeing for a half hour. That should get me up to my middle daughter's house that is being built and back. After that I may just collapse:laugh:
    Marywilldiet, I can't imagine 2 hours of yoga, thats fantastic. My daughter is trying to get me into it. But you should feel lucky, at least you have a gym to go to, they are just to far away for me and gas is too expensive.
    Icandoit, it's not spring yet:sad: we are expecting a snow storm tonight. Hope your son does well in the wrestling, sounds interesting. Are you going to let him practise with you:bigsmile: ?
    NT, it's sunny here in Vermont too, but probably not as cold as where you are. Isn't it hard to make exercise a habit? I know I have problems with it myself. The walking I can usually make a habit in the summer but not in winter. But I have some neat things called yaktracks that I can put over my boots to walk on ice. They are very helpful.
    You all have a great weekend. See ya all on Monday. ~Karen
  • JulieB21
    JulieB21 Posts: 492
    Options
    Bless his soul, Hubby decided to grab a load of firewood today so I get to add an hour of stacking wood to my exercise for today. :huh:
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Today was a light walk (30 minutes).

Later I'll do yoga (60 minutes)

So glad to feel better. Now if only there was some sunlight.

And hey, mary, weird about the bra thing. I might have mentioned something to management, I guess (?) Although, at my co-ed gym, I see a lot of teeny-tiny workout wear. (short yoga shorts in spinning and some little pretty much see-through shirts . . yikes, TMI) Somedays, I miss working out at the Y, where t shirts were required.

Anyway, hooray for us, ladies!:flowerforyou:
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    Icandoit, it's not spring yet we are expecting a snow storm tonight. Hope your son does well in the wrestling, sounds interesting. Are you going to let him practise with you ?

:laugh: I sure wish it was. We have had ugly weather for days now. My husband and some of the guys are in Morro Bay where it is 70 and sunny. Riding the Harley's along HWY 1. I am so jealous.
    This is his first year of wrestling. He has been in Karate since he was 3. He will be 13 in Feb. He trains at the minimum of 6 hours a week-usually 7-8. This year he decided to do wrestling in school and got 3 place in the city (schools). Now he wants to wrestle for the City.
    He does train at home and I join in. He does at least 50 sit ups, push ups and squats every night. He is now going to start weight training. I will do that with him. My husband will work out a program for him.
    We will go out and walk the dogs and jog by force of the dogs together.
    He can run a long ways. He can do a 7.51 mile. For me it would be about 1/2 hour-stopping to put the boobs back in the bra-get the wedgie out. I am not a runner.
    Sorry, I am just so proud of him. When I start it is hard to stop. So the answer is we will train together.
  • ariannedavis
    ariannedavis Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Icandoit, it's not spring yet we are expecting a snow storm tonight. Hope your son does well in the wrestling, sounds interesting. Are you going to let him practise with you ?

:laugh: I sure wish it was. We have had ugly weather for days now. My husband and some of the guys are in Morro Bay where it is 70 and sunny. Riding the Harley's along HWY 1. I am so jealous.
    This is his first year of wrestling. He has been in Karate since he was 3. He will be 13 in Feb. He trains at the minimum of 6 hours a week-usually 7-8. This year he decided to do wrestling in school and got 3 place in the city (schools). Now he wants to wrestle for the City.
    He does train at home and I join in. He does at least 50 sit ups, push ups and squats every night. He is now going to start weight training. I will do that with him. My husband will work out a program for him.
    We will go out and walk the dogs and jog by force of the dogs together.
    He can run a long ways. He can do a 7.51 mile. For me it would be about 1/2 hour-stopping to put the boobs back in the bra-get the wedgie out. I am not a runner.
    Sorry, I am just so proud of him. When I start it is hard to stop. So the answer is we will train together.

Don't be sorry, that's what our kids are for. If we aren't proud, that doesn't leave much...ps. so glad you're still here!

60 min resistance/aerobics + post-holiday cleaning. I think all the dust conspires against me and attacks en mass! :laugh: Wouldn't be a problem except my asthma tells me if I haven't kept up with it! I had a major splurge day yesterday (took our son to a pizza buffet) but worked out hard and managed to salvage part of it (right at 2,000 cal). It's snowing now, so hopefully some sledding this week! Let's kick off a great week! :happy:
  • mrsjo79
    mrsjo79 Posts: 123
    Options
    Well I did it, got my 45 min on the treadmill. Didin't think I would since my hubby got me up at 4 a.m. to go to a car show, but we did do a lot of walking. That counts too, right?