Not losing at all! Look at my diary...suggestions?

Options
2»

Replies

• mamamc03
    mamamc03 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Ok, so I know I don't always eat the right things ( I LOVE peanut butter!) and sometimes I skip dinner because I binge eat in the afternoons but I work out A LOT!! and I have not lost a pound.

Look at my diary...anybody have any suggestions?

Lisa.....answer....PB2!! It is powdered peanut butter. Sounds weird....but try it!! You add water, stir and 2 tbsp is 45 calories! it is good!! It helps tremendously!
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    So I took a close look at the last week or two. I'm not an expert but the biggest things that stand out are:

You're eating a huge amount of carbs versus protein. On an average day you are eating 2-4x as much carbs as protein. I find that weight flies off the more protein I eat. I usually eat 150-175g of protein a day (sometimes up to 200) but only 125-150g of carbs. On my worst days they're about equal. You seem to be doing tons of exercise too, even more reason to eat more protein as your muscles will need it. I would at least double your protein intake and cut back on the carbs.

Furthermore, when I look at your full report, your sugar intake is wayyy off the scale (hence all the carbs). You basically eat very sugary fruits (strawberries, bananas, apples, etc), sugar-heavy yogurt (just one of some of those yogurts are an easy 50-100% of your daily sugar intake goal), sugar-added protein shakes, sugar-added peanut butter, the whole 9 yards. You're eating again, an easy 2-4x your goal rate for sugar (sometimes even higher). I find that sugar tends to spike insulin levels and causes fat gains.

Try a better protein shake. Good protein shakes have no sugar added and will have 25-30g of protein per scoop, not 18. ON or Myofusion are great.

Sugar-free yogurt is a must, the ones you are having are basically candy, unfortunately. Just because it's yogurt doesn't mean it's good for you.

Try natural peanut butter without all the fillers and sugar. It tastes better too. Even better, give PB2 a try. 45cals for 2TBSP instead of 200.

Try eating less sugary fruits and/or substituting some veggies instead.

Other than that, make sure you are measuring accurately on some of these things. For instance, you clearly love peanut butter. In some cases I saw 8TBSP in a sitting. The problem is, if you are rounding the scoops or just guessing, you can be way off. If you just rounded those scoops a bit you could have had 10TBSP or more, easily adding 200+ calories.

Make sure you're getting accurate figures for your exercise too. You could easily be eating too much (or too little) depending on how accurate the numbers are.
  • asyouseefit
    asyouseefit Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Ok.....I am a highschool teacher so eating throughout the day is almost impossible. I do drink water all day long but don't log it, I will try to though so I can see how much I drink.

I run and do crossfit workouts with a few Insanity DVDs stuck in there on non-running or crossfit workouts.

After a long run, I am not always hungry for a while so it is hard to eat dinner because I just go to bed.

Yes, I need to lose 10 lbs. Somehow in the past year, they appeared and I have not been doing anything different......workouts and eating were the same but lbs came on.

THIS IS FRUSTRATING!!

You can have a solid breakfast in the morning and something during your lunch break :)