Couch to 5K ROCKS!!!!

Options
Anybody else doing the Couch to 5K program??

I am in week 4 and I can't say enough good things about it!! If you are considering it, just do it. I can't believe how far I have come in just 4 weeks and I can't wait to keep progressing...

Just thought I would throw this out there and maybe motivate others to try.. If you are doing it or are thinking about it, feel free to add me as a friend:flowerforyou:

Cheers,
Alison

Replies

• CityOnAHill
    CityOnAHill Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting this! I'm glad you're having success with the program. I've vowed to start it in the next 30 days. I know, I know...start now. I have to get my schedule set and my head right before I start it, though.
    So excited to hear that is does, in fact, really work.

The question I have though...were you really "on the couch" so to speak, before you started?

11706347.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    Did it last fall...just registered for my first 1/2 marathon today...Great Program and it works!
  • Julieta17
    Options
    Thats great! I have been wanting to try it myself i was just waiting for the 100+ degrees days to finally go away!! :smile:
  • Alsison
    Alsison Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    Hell ya I was on the Couch. Could barely run for the one minute the first week... If you can't do the minute, do what you can until you manage the first minute and then start progressing through the weeks. If you need to double up a week, do it...

The most important thing is to get a good pair of shoes. It will make all the difference.

Good Luck!

Alison
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    I did week 7 day 2 this morning. It's fun to think that I have gone from struggling through the first week to running non stop for 25 minutes in such a short time.
  • jhungate
    jhungate Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Started with it and now run 35-40 miles a week.
  • u2fergus
    u2fergus Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I love C25K!!! Never thought I'd be able to run till I lost all the weight, but this program is great for helping you take it in manageable steps, no matter where you start out. If you are interested in running at all, definitely give this one a look. :)
  • jenniferlynn12
    Options
    I did it but I'm going to start again... I started at week 4 because I was already running some. The problem is I did it on the treadmill and on the "run" parts, I didn't go fast enough so I wasn't running as far or as fast as I should have. Started running fast outside at my first 5K and I got tired way too fast and had to walk. Going to try it again and do it at a much faster speed. (I know outside would be better but my husband is gone by 5am and it's dark when he gets home and I have 4 little ones at home so this is pretty much my only option to do it regularly.) I'm looking forward to running a full 5k though... and eventually more!
  • andreabball
    andreabball Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Which C25K program is everyone using? I know there are many out there and I was just curious as to what everybody thinks. I've been doing the C210K program by Lucius Kwok and Kasten Searles and I'm up to week 5. I have my first 5K race in over 14 years coming up on Saturday and I'm really excited/nervous. Good luck to everyone getting started!!
    -Andi
  • CityOnAHill
    CityOnAHill Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    This is all so awesome to read. Thank you all for the info, the insight, and the support in the community. It means so much it nearly always brings me to tears as I read how encouraging everyone is. And, oh! The success stories kill me (in a good way!)!

Thanks again MFP people!

11706347.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Summerleahd
    Summerleahd Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I am in my first week! Have only done day 1 so far. I was planning on doing day 2 today but am sick, so im hoping to feel better by this evening and hopefully get it in. The last time I did any running was back in high school. Sure ive tried every once in awhile but never stuck with it

Would love to have some friends also doing the program for support!
  • PrincessStubbie
    PrincessStubbie Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I am repeating my week three this week...I was only able to run twice last week and then only one of those I had a good run. My husband is doing this with me and he is progressing so well! I look at it this way...4 weeks ago running was not in my vocabulary...now, I can run 3 minutes...its a struggle, but I am doing it! We are both enjoying this program and like that it is something we can do together. I am having knee problems so I am going to go be evaluated and fitted for a new pair of sneakers very soon.

I have such a hard time with "working out" because it gets very boring to me, but I LOVE this program and the structure it has...I look forward to my running days. It has actually put me in a frame of mind that I don't like to spend too much time on the couch in front of the television...I feel like I should be doing something other than sitting...before, I made every excuse to keep my butt on the couch.

I am glad C25K was recommended to me...I always recommend it to people now too!