I need a HEALTHY recipe for center cut pork chops

Options
I have about 3lbs of center cut pork chops that I need to cook before they go bad. They are about 1/2 inch thick I guess...My husband said FRY them...umm, although that would be good, I think I need to keep us from having a heartattack. Anyone have a healthy recipe for pork chops?

Replies

• groomchick
    groomchick Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Grilled with some italian seasonings...Yumm
  • rah9306
    rah9306 Posts: 27
    Options
    bake in the oven with red and yellow peppers
  • jdod13
    jdod13 Posts: 4
    Options
    Spice rub then Grill is my favorite
    Equal parts Paprika, fresh ground pepper, and olive oil, and 1/2 part salt in the Rub.
  • khartley535
    khartley535 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    broil them with whatever seasoning you like. Do mine this way all the time.
  • rwd5046
    rwd5046 Posts: 302
    Options
    Slow cook them in a crock pot.
  • yager8725
    yager8725 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    i agree grilled!! i do put just alittle olive oil on them so i dont dry them out.
    Grilled with some italian seasonings...Yumm
    [/quote]
  • Erica0718
    Erica0718 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    This is the Island Pork recipe from P90x, it is wonderful and leftovers are great on a salad...yummy!

16 oz pork tenderloi, lean
    0.5 tsp salt
    0.4 tsp pepper
    0.5 tsp chile powder
    0.5 tsp ground cumin
    0.5 tsp cinnamon
    2 tsp olive oil
    0.25 c brown sugar packed
    0.5 T fresh garlic, finely chopped
    0.5 T tabasco sauce

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
    2. Stir together salt, pepper, cumin, chile powder, and cinnamon, then coat pork with the spice rub.
    3. Heat 1 T oil in a 12-inch skillet over moderately high heat and brown pork, turning about 4 minutes
    4. Stir together brown sugar, garlic, and Tabasco and pat onto top of tenderloin. Place pork in roasting pan and cook in the oven for 20 minutes.

Nutritional Info

Servings Per Recipe: 4
    Amount Per Serving
    Calories: 276.7

Total Fat: 9.4 g
    Cholesterol: 90.9 mg
    Sodium: 379.3 mg
    Total Carbs: 14.6 g
    Dietary Fiber: 0.4 g
    Protein: 32.2 g
  • neenaj33
    neenaj33 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    fry in pam until golden brown, then put in oven for a few and season with mrs dash, she has tons of flavors.
  • darlandbaird
    darlandbaird Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Grill
  • darlandbaird
    darlandbaird Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Grill
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    I fry mine in a bit of olive oil, you don't need much and it's really fast and easy. I'm having pork chops tonight. :)
  • tonid76
    tonid76 Posts: 51
    Options
    I normally grill or bake them....he wants something different...UGH!
  • neenaj33
    neenaj33 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    try skinnytaste.com
  • MIMITIME
    MIMITIME Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    If he wants something different, do the fry with olive oil and add Cream of Mushroom Low or No Fat Soup with some water and makes a good gravy. Put it right in the pan with the chops once they are fried. You can eat with some rice and string beans. Makes a great meal and not bad on calories. I guess the carbs are a little high with the rice but you could use something else.
  • patilee
    patilee Posts: 125
    Options
    I fry apples and onions with a tiny bit of olive oil til brown. Remove apples and onion. Then add seasoned chops to the pan to brown on both sides, added back the apples and about a cup of white wine and simmered until done. They were very juicy and moist.
  • JaniseCookston
    JaniseCookston Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I cook ours in a cast iron pan with a few tablespoons of soy sauce mixed with enough water to cover the pan in about 1/4" of liquid.
  • Lisa_222
    Lisa_222 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Garlic salt, pepper, whatever other spices you like. I use Italian spices and just slow cook in a frying pan. Pork is lean, and if you use a non-stick pan, you don't even have to add oil. Slow cook instead of browning, they come out way more tender.
  • Lindsayrob
    Lindsayrob Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I run mine under the tap to dampen them and then coat them in dried stuffing mix and bake - delicious! In fact I'm going to do that tonight, now I've thought about it!
  • KatieCuth
    KatieCuth Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    i pan fry (in a marinade) use a rice bran spray... or you can oven bake them... but there much nicer grilled. pork isnt as fatty as people think. We eat pork at least once a week. there lovely marinated in hoisin sauce and kaffir like leaves.
  • mandasimba
    mandasimba Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I fry apples and onions with a tiny bit of olive oil til brown. Remove apples and onion. Then add seasoned chops to the pan to brown on both sides, added back the apples and about a cup of white wine and simmered until done. They were very juicy and moist.

I was just going to post something similar! Found this recipe a while ago, apples and onions topped porkchops ;) I agree, very juicy and moist.

http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Apples--n--Onion-Topped-Chops