Kinda new and insomniac. HELP!!!

Options
Hey all. (ADD ME)
I'm still getting into the groove of what does and doesn't work for me so still learning but I do need help.

Way dya eat as an insomniac? I've had this problem for years and am used to it, please no help on this matter, I'm over it. But what dya eat if you don't sleep. Obviously you get hungry and need to eat. But let's face it, whatever, you're going over your limit. This is a reason why I've been stuck in a rot. HELP

Also I suffer from back pain and have followed some mfp messages (of course I've been to the Dr) and include bird dogs and supermans in ny exercise. Does anyone know of anything else I can do please? Thank you all kindly.

Replies

• bluepineapple
    Options
    i would suggest some warm tea (no calories!). the warmth and the water normally fill me up, or you could save a few hundred calories and create a meal called midnight snack.
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    chop up fruits and veggies and keep them on hand. don't keep "bad" foods around if you're prone to overeating. I say celery, carrots, raw broccoli/cauliflower, berries, apple slices, and pears. High fiber, high water, and healthy!
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    Just net what MFP tells you to within a 24-hour window. It's easy.
  • purplebabe2025
    purplebabe2025 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Hi all and thanks for the advice. Thing is I do normally have a hot drink but sometimes its not enough and I end up getting a hunger headache and I normally eat fruit for brekkie but will try veggies, raw you say, that's unusual. I have lots of willpower and don't overeat so that's not a problem. It's just if I get a hunger headache, that's when I have to have a decent meal. Anymore advice is always appreciated. Thank you kindly
  • jbarrydepaul
    Options
    Relaxation type yoga is very good for a bad back as it works on flexibility. It can be done by all fitness levels. Kathy Smith has some good DVDs as does Gaim. .Some say it helps them sleep. Check out these yoga for beginners.
    http://www.gaiam.com/category/yoga-studio/yoga-media/top-beginning-yoga-dvds.do

Good luck.
  • purplebabe2025
    purplebabe2025 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I am doing yoga, just started so I guess my body ha to get used to it. Been fine for a while, but insomniac again for 3 days now. Think I'll read now, yawn but not sleepy!!! And the story continues . . .