Eye Opener

Options
I just got home from the feed store. I hoisted a 35 pound bag of feed up onto my shoulder and walked to the car with it. (I forgot to mention I stopped and paid for it first!) I used to carry that much weight around on my body all day, all night, every day... I have still some weight to lose. It made it very tactile how far I have come. I'm sitting on a big plateau right now, however, after today, I am thoroughly okay with it. I'll just go to the feed store more often and lift up those bags and carry them around the store when I need a little "good girl" pat on the head.

Anyone else have some eye opening moments today?

Replies

• Leigh_b
    Leigh_b Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Great story!
  • unicornbeauty
    Options
    Wow, that is a great idea/ story. I may go to the story just to try this out!
  • jwhit31
    jwhit31 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Oh I had that moment today. I picked up my 50 pound son and tried to carry him down the stairs.....that didn't go to well. Never again will I have that much extra on my body!!! Now I just have to get rid of the rest of the rest of the extra weight.
  • Frankenbarbie01
    Frankenbarbie01 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Not today but I remember going to the grocery store and picking up a 25lb bag of potatoes after a big loss. It was pretty remarkable!! (and for smaller amounts I'll go to the dairy section and pile up 1lb blocks of butter, to have a visual!!)
  • Maryfullofgrace
    Maryfullofgrace Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Wow, that is a great idea/ story. I may go to the story just to try this out!

You will be shocked. I was nearly out of breath by the time I got to the car. (I don't park close at the feed store so I get some extra steps in...)
  • amandavictoria80
    amandavictoria80 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    I bought a 20-lbs weighted vest to workout with. I can not believe how heavy 20-lbs feels and that I actually carried that around the whole time. I tried cleaning the house one day while wearing the vest. It was just too hard!
    It's really crazy how it feels.
  • Maryfullofgrace
    Maryfullofgrace Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    If you wear it when you exercise you get a higher calorie burn, did you know that?
  • ahmpierce1
    ahmpierce1 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Touche, thanks for sharing. That's a really great way to look at things!