Marathon in Nov

Options
icandoit
icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
Hey all,
In November, there is going to be a marathon in Fresno, CA. It is put on by the Whitney Foundation. (you can look them up on the web) I help out the lady who founded it here in Fresno. She lost her partner 3 years ago to cancer. I am going to start training for it. There is a 13 or a 24 or 26 mile choice. I am going to partner up with my cousin and do the 24 or 26. We get to split it. There is no time limit and you can walk or run.
If any of you would like to join us and are going to be in the area or surrounding area, let me know and I will give you the information as it comes available.

Replies

• icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    Hey all,
    In November, there is going to be a marathon in Fresno, CA. It is put on by the Whitney Foundation. (you can look them up on the web) I help out the lady who founded it here in Fresno. She lost her partner 3 years ago to cancer. I am going to start training for it. There is a 13 or a 24 or 26 mile choice. I am going to partner up with my cousin and do the 24 or 26. We get to split it. There is no time limit and you can walk or run.
    If any of you would like to join us and are going to be in the area or surrounding area, let me know and I will give you the information as it comes available.
  • zenmama
    zenmama Posts: 1,000
    Options
    Wow that is great...I wish I wasn't on the opposite coast! My goal is to run the Hartford sometime....best of luck and keep us posted on your training etc...

dd :glasses:
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Good for you Renee!
    I'll be cheering you on from Upstate NY!

~Joanna:flowerforyou:
  • ariannedavis
    ariannedavis Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! I too am on the East Coast unfortunately. I'm thinking of training for "the bear" which is a 5mile run up Grandfather Mountain! It's not until July, so I can be in shape, question is if I'm crazy enough! :laugh:
  • jessjess
    Options
    That's so exciting!

I'll be moving close to Lancaster California soon. How close is that to Fresno?

-Jess