Heart Rate Monitor

Options
Hey all,
I was wondering what a good HRM would be for a person like me who runs (well starting to) and does circuit training style work-outs? I am looking for something in mid-range price wise and that doesn't involve a lot of wires/stuff lol.

thanks,
Erin :)

Replies

• jenblowsbubblez
    jenblowsbubblez Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I am looking for one myself and everyone seems to tell me that the POLARS are really good!
  • emilynicole02
    emilynicole02 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    bump! :) im very interested in this as well!
  • tamaranash
    tamaranash Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I bought a Garmin Forerunner 305. I absolutely love it! I bought it for around $300, 3 year ago. I love it, its super great, it shows where you ran, laps, it has alerts for distance, heart rate max, heart rate minimum.. I know they are much less expensive now, and worth the investment. Also, for iphone people, there is a heart rate monitor, foot piece (for your shoes and an app you can use to do the same thing. I use my forerunner almost every day. You are able to do running, biking, "other" which I use for roller blading, but can be used for skiing. Hope this helps.. iphone/itouch way is probably cheaper
  • smcassaro
    smcassaro Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Recently got a Polar FT4 & I LOVE it! I think they run around $75-99 (not sure, it was a gift from my hubby).
  • SRGutierrez
    Options
    I just got a Polar FT40, best HRM that I've ever had. I've used others but they were awkward and not user friendly. This one is straight forward, enter basic user info & it does the rest for you. Best $100 I spent :)
  • rosied915
    rosied915 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Polar FT7 from Amazon~ $78, super easy to use!
  • BulldogCNM
    Options
    So the Garmin you are suggesting would work with my iphone? I ski so this would be SUPER awesome news! :smile:
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    Polar FT4.

/thread