Finally had someone notice

Options
I was starting to wonder if it looked at all like I had lost some weight.. I know its only 18lbs so far but I have been waiting for the day it was noticed. My Mom was the only person that has said anything... until today. A coworker noticed and commented on it!
FINALLY!! Its a good feeling to be complimented!

:happy:

Replies

• That is exciting!! :) Way to go!! 18 lbs is a GREAT accomplishment!! :)
  • lauraOOOO
    lauraOOOO Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    congrats!!

I know what you mean....I am at 17lbs down and no one but hubby has noticed....i am itching to get a comment from someone else.....
  • Starleng1
    Starleng1 Posts: 142
    Options
    Awesome!
  • staps065
    staps065 Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • RAFValentina
    RAFValentina Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    Great stuff! :)
  • OfficialPR
    OfficialPR Posts: 1,610 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Acknowledgement is such a great thing...
  • jjpuxty
    Options
    18lb's is huge. Well done.
  • Jeannie5466
    Options
    Believe me people will have noticed, but many don't comment or compliment! Stick with it and know that you look 18 pounds slimmer, keep it up :)
  • ManderG03
    ManderG03 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!!!
  • Renee0608
    Renee0608 Posts: 138
    Options
    That's great! Congrats!! I've had a few family members tell me they've noticed mine (down 12 lbs)...but sometimes I wonder if they only do it to make me feel better---either way I'll take it!
  • tmiqueen
    tmiqueen Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!!!!

The same thing happened to me. I've only lost 16 lbs and four people told me today that my pants are getting too big.
  • Patty21981
    Options
    Awsome!
  • Eleanorjanethinner
    Eleanorjanethinner Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Hi All,

I'm sure quite a lot of the noticing thing is about what you're wearing. I have a pair of pants that make at least one or two people say 'have you lost weight' each time I wear them, even if I haven't lost! It's just that they're fitted and flattering.

If you're wearing the same baggy, shapeless clothes you used to wear, folk are less likely to notice, I think. If you're not ready to go down a size, try a belt over your tops, wearing a tight waistcoat, rolling up sleeves, wearing a knee-length skirt so folks can see your legs or anything else you can do to show off your slimmer figure.

Enjoy and well done!
  • LAWIII
    LAWIII Posts: 50
    Options
    Awesome! Keep up the good work!
  • Leanne926
    Leanne926 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    congrats!!

I know what you mean....I am at 17lbs down and no one but hubby has noticed....i am itching to get a comment from someone else.....

Congratulations to you! Great job!
  • Leanne926
    Options
    That is exciting!! :) Way to go!! 18 lbs is a GREAT accomplishment!! :)

Thank you!
  • Leanne926
    Options
  • Bluejay789
    Options
    I had lost 19 pounds and no one was noticing at work because I see them every day. My husband and Son noticed and friends who had not seen me in while.

Then I dropped 22 pounds and I had a couple of comments. Then I hit 25 pounds and now everyone is saying... Wow are you loosing weight? Now it is to the point that it is irritating because I have been loosing weight for 4 months!

Don't give up you will be amazed at how people who see you daily do not see the weight loss until you have lost a significant amount of weight.

Congrats on your success. Seeing other people lose and lose more than me has kept me motivated knowing that if they can do it I can do it too.

Congrats again!
  • subela
    subela Posts: 76
    Options
    That's always a great feeling. I see your Nov 1st goal is the same as mine. Glad to be your MFP friend!
  • mfpseven
    mfpseven Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I was starting to wonder if it looked at all like I had lost some weight.. I know its only 18lbs so far but I have been waiting for the day it was noticed. My Mom was the only person that has said anything... until today. A coworker noticed and commented on it!
    FINALLY!! Its a good feeling to be complimented!

:happy:

For me it was 30lbs and people were just starting to say things, I need more perceptive friends lol. Awesome work and I love your hair!