On My Way To A Raw Vegan Lifestyle

Options
2»

Replies

• Vegan_Chick
    Vegan_Chick Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    the only drawback of a raw food diet is that you can't have any carbs! no quinoa, no rice, bulgur wheat, nothing. It will be hard to get all your calories and macros in in the right proportions--just make sure to eat a LOT of nuts!
    Fruit is a carb and believe me, you will eat plenty on a raw vegan diet. If you don't, the diet needs to be looked at because you probably won't get enough nutrients
  • Vegan_Chick
    Vegan_Chick Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I have been trying the raw vegan diet for the last few days and its been going well so far. I have been focusing on eating tons of fruit and big green salads. Plus you need to watch out for nuts/seeds/high fat fruits because you can end up eating way too much. I just read that the average raw food dieter eats 50-70% fat! That is way too much, even if it is good fat. I am reading a book called 80/10/10 which is a great raw foods reference book. 80% carbs, 10% fat, 10% Protein. It's by Douglas Graham
  • raevynn
    raevynn Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    I did wonderful as a raw vegan, until I got hung up on "80/10/10"

I spoke to Dr Douglas. I took him three YEARS to transistion to that balance. He says to take it slow, and be easy on yourself.

I'm not ready to go back to 100% raw. Maybe in a few months.
  • pjgjnfl
    pjgjnfl Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    You can eat quinoa and wheat is sprouts...
  • pjgjnfl
    pjgjnfl Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Fat, Sick, & Nearly Dead is another great documentary that will inspire you. It's funny too. :)

Love that movie... and message!!!