I'm trying to stay up all night till OBAMA's House!

cmriverside
cmriverside Posts: 33,907 Member
So message me, call me, email me, page me, fax me, come over.

I'm watching "Transition to Power" on the West Coast and annoyingly they are trying to fool us into thinking that we will be watching it live......but we are watching it three hours later.....I hate that!

So should I watch it on the Internet? Anyone know if I can get it "LIVE" that way?

Replies

• cmriverside
    So message me, call me, email me, page me, fax me, come over.

I'm watching "Transition to Power" on the West Coast and annoyingly they are trying to fool us into thinking that we will be watching it live......but we are watching it three hours later.....I hate that!

So should I watch it on the Internet? Anyone know if I can get it "LIVE" that way?
  • via internet. Myspace will be streaming it live as it happens or at least so they said
  • cmriverside
    thx, hon!
  • cmriverside
    anyone watching TV right now on th East Coast? What's going on in DC??? I know you're there.....24 of you have read this. :frown:

Okay. When was your first election? Who won the Presidency the first time you voted? You don't have to say who you voted for. I think mine was Reagan maybe?
  • MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    The first year I voted was 88 - so that was Bush Sr. right?? I'm so bad on history - even the history I've lived :laugh:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    The 1st pres election I remember was Ford vs Carter? We made posters saying peanuts vs steel! I was 14/15 and wearing my brass bracelet with the name of a POA in Vietnam!

I was gonna say thanks for the memories....then realized it was over 30 years ago:noway: HOW old am I again??

:laugh: :laugh:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    1st vote was for Reagan, then he took my disabled mom's SSI away!! :ohwell:
  • Booksarenice
    Booksarenice Posts: 70 Member
    First Pres. I remember was Kennedy! I had my POW braclet up until just a couple of years ago and Ford/Carter was the first I voted in I believe. I was so excited to vote then a few years later got very cynical about politics and force myself to vote even now.:sad: My 3rd graders have been asking all kinds of questions and once I told them I remember seeing Whites only signs when growing up they have really ramped up the questions:happy: .I am so glad that they can see that even though our country had"stupid" laws, their words, that things have changed with a lot of people working and sacrificing for their beliefs. Powerful lessons for my Hispanic 3rd graders. Many who suffer discrimination in many forms everyday.
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    I think Carter was in office when I was born ('80), but the first I remember was Reagan. The first presidential election I voted in was in 2000 with the whole Gore/Bush mess. I've always tried to pay attention in the past, but I can definitely say that this was the first time I was actually passionate about the whole things. YES WE CAN!
  • The first presidential election I remember seeing was Bush vs Clinton in 92. I was 10 years old. lol. The first election I voted in was Bush jr, and John Kerry, and then this election. We canceled our tv recently and my net has an download limit so I can't watch the inauguration. bleh.. I guess it's about over now though.. the swearing in.
  • KLS10
    KLS10 Posts: 127
    my first election- and proud to say it was 2008...........Obbbbbbbbbaaaaaaammmmmaaaaaaa! yay!
This discussion has been closed.