Dime a dozen or 1 in a million?

Options
shauna121211
shauna121211 Posts: 575 Member
I'm sure you all fall into the latter category, so I thought it would be fun to share why we are all unique! What makes you different from every other average Joe?

I think for me, it's the fact that I left my family and friends behind me in America to move to Australia and have no intent on moving back!

Replies

• ejohndrow
    ejohndrow Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    I'm not gonna lie, I'm pretty boring.
  • mmhenry28
    mmhenry28 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    That I come from a really low socio economic background worked my butt to be the first person to graduate uni. I now have a great job, have travelled the world and experienced things that most people in my family have never dreamed.
  • Janie5605
    Janie5605 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I feel like I've had a pretty...not rough but interesting life....list of things that have made me stronger and more unique:

Survived 14 malignant melanomas over the last 11 yrs (only 2 sunburns in my life too...damn that sun!)
    Domestic violence survivor
    Birthmother (AND PROUD!)
    Military wife (AND PROUD!)
    I am 25 and have started my own company and co-founded another company.
    I am a certified Beer Judge
    I make the best truffles! AND AND AND Toffee! YUM! now i want some...perhaps this is why I need MFP haha

other awesome things about me include my love for Archaeology, business and traveling!
  • mmhenry28
    mmhenry28 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I feel like I've had a pretty...not rough but interesting life....list of things that have made me stronger and more unique:

Survived 14 malignant melanomas over the last 11 yrs (only 2 sunburns in my life too...damn that sun!)
    Birthmother (AND PROUD!)
    I make the best truffles! AND AND AND Toffee! YUM! now i want some...perhaps this is why I need MFP haha

other awesome things about me include my love for Archaeology, business and traveling!

We should be friends, can I have some truffles ;)
  • Renee0608
    Renee0608 Posts: 138
    Options
    I'm awesome? LOL No really I'm not sure......I've managed to get two degrees in less than 3 years while staying home with my kids...that has to account for something!
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options

Birthmother (AND PROUD!)

Me too please. :-D and BTW, look at you go! You'd think the melanomas would have given up by the tenth, but you just kicked its stubborn teeth right in.

Oh right, the thread...
    I've ridden an elephant, he was an Asian named Wimpy.
    I've written a lot of songs and poetry, not much lately, kids.
    I like painting with acrylics and am not too shabby at it.
    I haven't used commercial shampoo or conditioner since May and my hair is better for it.
  • Renee0608
    Renee0608 Posts: 138
    Options

Birthmother (AND PROUD!)

What kind of truffles?
  • agthorn
    agthorn Posts: 1,844 Member
    Options
    I'm the only person in my entire family to get a PhD. And I never had the chickenpox.