Gait Meaurement and Shoes

tammylwv
tammylwv Posts: 155 Member
edited October 3 in Fitness and Exercise
I was wondering if going to have my gait measured worth it to get a good pair of work out shoes. Also, how much does that usually cost? I want to do the C25K and etc and thought I should get some new shoes for that and for exercising in general.

Thanks in advance. :)

Replies

• timothyjkiser
    timothyjkiser Posts: 85 Member
    Measurement should be free if you buy the shoes from the same place...YES get measured!
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    i went to a local store here and they watched me walk around the store in just my socks then picked out 4 or 5 pairs of shoes that would work for my walking style/foot and what i plan on doing (walking + c25k). it was $100 for the shoes i ended up getting but in the future i plan on ordering them online (can get em for $60ish from amazon)
  • tammylwv
    tammylwv Posts: 155 Member
    What kind of difference did you notice?
  • spammyanna
    spammyanna Posts: 871 Member
    I went to a running store and got my gait measured and such. I ended up spending $100 on my shoes, but it is like running on clouds. I haven't had ANY issues, shin splints, hurt knees, blisters, toe nail rips, NOTHING. It was totally work the $100. Plus, if you think about it, you don't have to replace them that often.
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    What kind of difference did you notice?
    well between what i was wearing and the ones i bought there was a world of difference. the old ones didnt have much support (im ALMOST flat footed). and my feet and back almost always hurt when i was finished walking. with the new ones i dont feel anything like that, and theyre very comfy
    the difference between the pairs he brought out were minor, mainly just comfort and tightness.
  • gleechick609
    gleechick609 Posts: 544 Member
    When I picked out my own shoes, I was out from C25k for 5 weeks due to inflamed knees.

When I went to a professional running store, tried on shoes, wrote down the make and model and bought them for way cheaper online (roadrunnersports.com), I no longer have knee problems.

My Gel Nimbus 12's cost me about 70.00. They retail for 130.00
This discussion has been closed.