Protein????????..How much is too much???????

Options
I tend to have alot of protein,,,,,just need to know if perhaps I am having too much protein in my meals and snacks????? A bit more here lately!!!!!!!!

Replies

• evansproudmama
    Options
    Im by no means a professional but i seem to think that high protein in conjuction with getting healthy levels of fat and carbs is not a problem. Protein helps re build your muscles so i think its a good thing.. but like i said i havnt done a whole lot of research on to much just how much is enough lol
  • ChristinaLConway
    ChristinaLConway Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    my protein tends to run high too, but I run low on carbs so I just call it even :)
  • mouseketeer
    Options
    Protein helps repair muscle tissue, so if you're exercising vigorously its a good thing.
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    We should be aiming at least 0.8-1.0grams of protein per pound. Athletes & body builders need 1.25-1.5grams of protein per pound. Although I'm also not an expert & its still best to consult a dietician.

Honestly I find the MFP default settings for protein too low so maybe its easy to go over the protein wherein the reality is that you're just eating the right amounts.