drinking water

Options
Luke warm water or cold water for drinking is good for weight loss? there are differnt opinion about it so i want to know claerly which is the best for weight loss?

Replies

• zobia
    zobia Posts: 91
    Options
    Luke warm water or cold water for drinking is good for weight loss? there are differnt opinion about it so i want to know claerly which is the best for weight loss?
  • zouiiiii
    Options
    well, from what i learned in school:

when water (or whatever) is colder than ur body temp., ur body has to warm it up, which burns energy/calories. but u have to drink a gallon of cold water to burn 30 calories...

hope i could help :)
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I think whatever works for you, as long as you drink it!:drinker:
  • lor04311916
    Options
    don't they say that drinking warm water with lemon in the morning is supposed to be good for you :smile:
  • iftcheiaf
    iftcheiaf Posts: 960 Member
    Options

I have to agree with this one.
    thumbs_up_smiley.gif
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    As long as it makes my mouth wet and hydrates me, I don't stress about it.

That being said, I prefer it pretty cold! I just like that "crisp and cold" water taste better.

My focus is more about making sure I get enough in the day. My goal is at least 75 ounces and I usually get more.

:smile:
  • punka274
    punka274 Posts: 895
    Options

That being said, I prefer it pretty cold! I just like that "crisp and cold" water taste better.

My focus is more about making sure I get enough in the day. My goal is at least 75 ounces and I usually get more.

Me too....As long as the water is causing my bottle to frost over, im happy! mmmm,love my cold water!
  • hibbler22
    hibbler22 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I was told cold water helps burn calories, but water is water! I drink room temp. just as long as your getting in your daily amount needed.
  • SlimmerGirl
    Options
    The Japanese drink warm miso soup after meals to help digest their food, if you drink cold water with a meal it slows down your digestion and the fat solidifies. So it depends when you're drinking the water!
  • zobia
    zobia Posts: 91
    Options
    u said that u hear in school that cold water is best for lose weight but i heard that cold water is may increase the belly fat
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    :wink: :laugh: :drinker:

I've only more recently read the thought of cold vs. warm on here and don't really have anything to back it up or not back it up..but it does make some sense:drinker: But I wouldn't let not being able to drink down cold water stop you from getting your water in.:wink: Some share they like it room temp and prefer it that way.

...I think I agree with Miss Jeannie...whatever truly works for you to get that water in your body each day is most important! I switch it up at various times of the year. Summer...oh gotta be COLD!!:laugh: Winter? Brr..um, if I leave a bottle sit out for a bit, lovin that too! Sometimes when it's -20° cold water just isn't at the top of my fun list!!:bigsmile: :noway:

FC:heart::drinker: :bigsmile:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    I was told cold water helps burn calories, but water is water! I drink room temp. just as long as your getting in your daily amount needed.
    Cheers to you Hibbler:drinker: :heart: :drinker:

FC:heart:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options

:wink: Smart Chick:drinker: :bigsmile: I agree on that yummy "crips and cold" flavor/feeling...YUM-O Makes my water taste so 'Fine':tongue::wink:

• Fitness_Chick
    Options

I have to agree with this one.
    thumbs_up_smiley.gif
    :drinker: Love your lil .gif guy pointin up!!:bigsmile: He's pointing at some good thoughts:flowerforyou:

• jenniferjames
    Options
    Hello Zobia,
    Not really sure if this will help but a friend of mine sent me this.

Water. An essential that we cannot live without. About 85% of our brain, 80% of our blood and 70% of our muscle is water. Every single cell in our body needs water to survive.

It is a MUST to drink at least 8 glasses of water a day. But do you know that drinking hot, warm or cold water makes our body react in different ways? Most people will say that it doesn’t matter what temperature the water is at, just drink it. But if you have weight issues, every little bit helps. Really, it helps.

COLD

Cold water shocks the system and will make the stomach contract for a short period of time. We all want that but it’s only temporary. However, cold water will work the body and help burn off calories as it heats it up. It’s like going out in the cold and shivering. Our body will naturally try to heat us up.

Cold water is suitable to be taken before exercising. It is also suitable to be taken in between meals. Cold water should not be taken with meals because it will lessen the body’s ability to digest the food taken and lengthens the digestion time. There is also a potential increase in the amount of food that will be converted to fat.

HOT

Drinking hot water will raise the body’s core temperature which in turn boosts metabolism and causes you to sweat. Hot water helps our body to digest food better. It’s rather complimentary.

WARM

Warm water doesn’t really do anything to cause your body to work. It’s okay to drink warm water at anytime of the day.
  • TRLTAMPA
    TRLTAMPA Posts: 824
    Options
    if it's not super cold i cant get it down anyway
  • n2dfire
    n2dfire Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I KNOW WHEN I WAS IN THE MARINES AND I WAS GOING THRU BOOTCAMP THEY PUSHED CANTEENS FULL OF WATER THRU US BY THE CAMEL LOAD BOTH TO HYDRATE US FOR ALL THE PHYSICAL ACTIVITY AS WELL IT HELPS TO FLUSH THE SYSTEM KEEP YOU PEEING CLEAR BASICLY:ohwell: I CARRY AROUND A GALLON JUG AND DRINK ANYWHERE FROM 1 1/2 TO 2 OF THOSE A DAY I HOPE THIS HELPS.:wink:
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    don't they say that drinking warm water with lemon in the morning is supposed to be good for you :smile:

I have changed to that from coffe for the last two weeks and feel so much better for it