New Here

Options
I am new here. I signed up about 15 minutes ago. I was told about this site from a lady in my hometown that lost 134 lbs!!! She said that this site was a big help, so i decided to give it a go. I have been struggling with my weight for YEARS!!! I am a single mother and have little time for exercise, but I have to start making time! My goal is to lose 115 lbs starting now. Wish me luck!!

Replies

• msbrowneyes85
    Options
    Good luck! You definitly came to the right place MFP is great if uou have any questions or just need some motivation or support :smile:
  • krisrhymer
    krisrhymer Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Good Luck!!! I'm new too but so far I'm loving it.. Lots of people are losing lots of weight on here:smile:
  • 245by45
    245by45 Posts: 18
    Options
    Welcome!! you did come to the right place !! you will lose weight and have fun, while meeting some great people. feel free to wave a hand if you need any help

Cris
  • Bluejay789
    Options
    You can do it. This is the only thing I have ever done in which I actually lose weight by eating my own food.

Feel free to friend me and I will send you some tips so you do not make the same mistakes I made when I started.

If you send me a friend request send me a message asking for the tips.

This is a great site and there are people on this site that have lost 200 pounds!

You can do it and this is the site plus it is free!
  • emilyruden
    Options
    Fantastic! Great to have you here at MFP!
  • Mummsy
    Mummsy Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I need to lose about the same, maybe a little more. I think an important step is to set REALISTIC goals for food, water and exercise. Don't set yourself up to fail. I try to get 2 ten minute walks in a day at work. Just find a way to fit little bursts in. Good luck. You'll do great. :wink:
  • amberbalta
    amberbalta Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Im new here I just started on Monday. A girl at my work told me about this site.
  • TOXUTHAT
    TOXUTHAT Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I have only been here a week. I find MFP very helpful. Good luck.
  • kimbers63
    Options
    Welcome and good luck; this site is wonderful. I too, have struggled with my weight and this site has kept me pretty focused; it makes me accountable for my exercising and eating right. If I have a day where I consume things that I really should not; it just reminds me and gets me back on track again. GOOD LUCK and don't get frustrated.....
  • sweetsa7
    Options
    You can do it!! The thing that I found worked for me is I don't eat bread, or white pasta, and I keep me meals small. Example for breakfast I may do a protein shake or protein bar. Mid morning snack yogurt with some granola, and for lunch soup or something light. Dinner, I do the same as always meat, potatoes, and veggie. Except I eat the meat and veggie and if I have enough room will eat the potato. On the holiday will use a kids plate to make sure I do not over eat. These are some tips that have worked for me. I went from 250lbs to 177 lbs. Good luck.