really thats it...

Options
1200 cal im 5'2 140lbs and hungry!!! Ive been doing pgx yesterday was good they day before sucked today im hungry sooo hungry

Replies

• Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    If you worked out today, you should eat those exercise calories.
  • mallorybriann
    mallorybriann Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    What do you have your goals set at?
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Giant salad with fat free dressing. Fills me up big time, and I am a really hungry dude.
  • kandrews24
    kandrews24 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    If we could look at your food diary we might be able to give you some tips on things to change to add foods that would make you feel more full.

Unfortunately, at 5'2" (which is how tall I am), you can eat about 1,600 calories to maintain your current weight of 140. If you want to lose, you need to eat less. Even at 1,200 you are going to lose slowly (a little under 1 lbs per week) unless you exercise a lot. That's the math, though your experience may differ. Roughly 3,500 calories = 1 lbs.

True enough, you can exercise more and eat all of some of those exercise calories back. There are so many benefits to exercise, including increasing metabolism = lose weight faster even if you eat back the calories you burned.

I don't know what your goal weight is, but it is worth taking some time to figure out how many calories you will be able to eat when you reach goal. I suspect it will be very close to 1,200 (unless you are very active).

If you eat small amounts often, you will keep your metabolism up and your stomach will shrink and so eventually you'll be less hungry.

The best things that you can do is eat tons of fruit and veggies. They are so healthy, satisfying, and low cal. Otherwise, keep sodium down and protien up. Keep asking questions and learning and trying new things.

Good luck! You can do this.
  • Schwiggs
    Schwiggs Posts: 222 Member
    Options