I need good chicken recipes.

Options
Chrissymmartin
Chrissymmartin Posts: 22 Member
I love chicken, and it's one of the better meats out there for you, but I'm starting to get chickened out... I need fresh new recipes, that are fairly easy to make. I'm a pretty picky eater, but I'm willing to try some new things.

One thing I do make is a simple chicken wrap... It's very filling and low in calories..

I use:
Ole Extreme Wellness - High Fiber Low Carb Tortilla Wraps (71 calories for 1 tortilla)
Chicken breast
Lettuce
1tbsp lite mayo

Just cook up the chicken in a pan, adding whatever spices you like to it (I use the Montreal Grille Chicken Seasoning). I spread a little bit of mayo (barely enough to cover the wrap, really just for a little flavor), sprinkle some shredded lettuce on it and add about 3-4 oz of chicken on there.

It's very good and fills me for a while. You can add other veggies to the mix like tomatoes and all, but I prefer it plain. It runs about 200 calories, and is an easy meal to take to work. I just nuke the chicken for about 30 seconds to get it warm, make the wrap and I'm ready to go. And I usually cook enough chicken for the week and store it in the fridge...

Replies

• jadi97
    jadi97 Posts: 26
    Options
    look at skinnytaste.com. They have wonderful tasting chicken recipes. I especially love the chicken enchiladas and the chicken taco chili.
  • jfmartin14
    Options
    One of my favorite easy ones is 4 chicken breast in the crock pot covered with salsa. Cook it on low for 3-4 hours.

I serve it over brown rice with a veggie without butter.

Any leftovers are great in a green salad the next few days with a light flavored dressing.
  • ApplySomePressure
    Options
    My new favourite is chicken breast slit open and stuffed with philadelphia light mixed with some crushed black peppers and wrapped in two slices of proscutio, baked in the oven in tinfoil for about 30 mins. Very tasty and quite low on cals too!
  • kimbk1
    kimbk1 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    try stuffed red peppers with ground chicken, paul newmans own marinara, onions, garlic and brown rice? It is sooo yummy
  • cactus39
    Options
    Go to skinnytaste.com and find the chicken and feta recipe. I used chicken breast instead. ITS SOOOOO good.
  • jennarandhayes
    jennarandhayes Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Similar to one of the above recipes but a bit different.

Laughing Cow Chicken:

Ingredients

4 - 4 oz B/S chicken breasts
    4 wedges laughing cow cheese (any flavor)
    4 servings extra lean ham (maybe Deli Select)
    1/2 package bread crumbs (I use Jamie Oliver's lemon/rosemary bread crumbs)

Directions

Pound each to about 1/4 inch thickness.
    Spread one wedge of cheese on top of each breast .
    Then put a serving of ham on each breast. Roll up
    the chicken and secure with toothpicks. Place on a
    baking tray and sprinkle with bread crumbs. Bake
    at 400 for about 35 to 40 minutes.

5 points

Number of Servings: 4

Calories: 200
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    Persian Chicken

1 whole chicken, cut up (i usually just use boneless skinless chicken breasts)
    1 large can (28 oz) whole peeled tomatoes
    1 tbl extra virgin olive oil
    1 large onion, sliced
    1 tsp tumeric
    1/2 cup lemon juice
    1 tsp beef bouillon (most of the time i skip this)
    1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
    salt and pepper to taste
    2 dried limes (optional)

cook onion in oil until transparent and starting to brown. Add chicken and brown lightly.
    in large bowl dump in tomatoes and squish until desired size (i usually do this to get frustration out and so they get pretty smashed). add tomatoes and remaining ingredients to onions and chicken add water to cover whole chicken. (if using breasts i think i use about 28oz of water..) bring to boil then reduce to simmer 1 1/2 hours (if using whole chicken, less time if breasts).

i get about 8 servings out of this and serve it over persian rice (not very healthy) or plain rice if i dont have the time.
  • AmyLeighWarren
    Options
    A Similar recipe to the last one

Cut a pocket into a chicken breast

Mix Garlic, Rosemary and Thyme to light laughing cow triangles and stuff into chicken breast

Coat in egg then breadcrumbs and bake on 180 for 25 mins

great with a fresh salad