THERE ARE NO SHORTCUTS!!!!!!

Options

Replies

• achampionsheart
    achampionsheart Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    exactly.......the first step is to MAKE THE CHOICE THAT YOU WANT HEALTH, NOT SHORT TERM RESULTS.....once you really decide this, then you can seriously apply the tools necessary to succeed
  • shakybabe
    shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    I take it that MFP doesn't know then that the maker of some japanese diet pills (10 day diet - lose a stone in 10 days!) is claiming this site is their 'sister site'?

Quote "if you join our sister site www.myfitnesspal.com and stick to the site daily (it's free) and it works really well with this website, I've lost 14lbs using these pills and the myfitness. com site in 2wks"

The 'I' in the quote isn't me by the way, taken me since June to lose my 15lbs!
  • ziggylove
    Options
    But.. but.. there's *got* to be a way to spot target a tummy pouch!!?
    (Yes, I am kidding..:)
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    A post deserving of a bump
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Amen!

Everyone that posts something that involves eating exercise calories, diet pills or crazy fad diets needs to see this...
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    This deserves more than a normal bump...

It deserves a ...

lolcat-fistbump-yoga.jpg

Quality post. The main reason people fail is because they don't appreciate how long it takes, and the reason WHY it needs to take so long!
  • hannata86
    Options
    d'aw cute kitteh....

I've tried a VLCD before and IF you can survive it..... the weight still comes back on... its escapism.. You see far too many people on VLCD forums restarting because they've put ALL of the weight back on and more!!! Never again!!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Yeah, but don't go over 10

Ohhhh! Ok! Thanks! :bigsmile:

but also dont go under 9 on days that end with a 'y'
  • toque_de_miel
    toque_de_miel Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    in the spirit of lolcats <3

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=514&g2_serialNumber=1

looks like we may have to send this lil guy to the rainforest for the monkey poo diet..... for at least 16 days since the 15th didn't pull off super fast weightloss. ;)
  • jessashcher
    Options
    very well said, my daughter tried the hcg diet and yes she lost alot of weight in no time at all, but because you lose it so quickly and you con't continue on with it, the weight just gets put right back on again and then some. Like you said it is a lifestyle change not a quick fix.
  • soulfire711
    Options
    SO TRUE!!

I received a similar message from a friend before I started this lifestyle change. We met up with a friend that had lost some weight and I said "Sally looks so good! I'll have to ask her how she lost all that weight!" My friend said "Probably diet and exercise" like it was the most obvious thing in the world. At that moment it hit me...that IS the only way to do it. It's really sad that everyone is trying to find the "secret to weight loss" when it's so obvious and simple! Obviously it's not easy, but it's as simple as eating less, making better/healthier choices, and exercising. You don't have to become a marathon runner to exercise or eat nothing but organic vegetables to be healthy...little changes make a BIG difference in the long run. Just take the stairs and don't eat that snickers. :-D
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    ***winning***
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Oh I would say most of the shortcuts work just fine, if you want to be slim for a week and then gain it all back.
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Spending 15 nights in the rain forest eating nothing but monkey poo and rainwater doesn't work.

Ok that made me laugh out loud!! :laugh: :laugh:
  • sharonsjones
    sharonsjones Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    OH sooooo many people need to read this post!!!!
  • hrobinson416
    hrobinson416 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Courtneyyhilton
    Options
    Bump

GREAT POST! LOVE IT
  • PatientBearTiger
    Options
    Yup, I'm bumping my own thread.
  • mallorybriann
    mallorybriann Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    I second that bump.
    Yup, I'm bumping my own thread.
  • finchase
    finchase Posts: 174
    Options
    Great post!

People ask me what I'm doing and then look so crestfallen when I reply "Diet and lots of of exercise."