Great snack!

Options
Hey guys! I always get the munchies when I'm bored and that usually leads to something not so healthy. So I started making my own parfaits.. It is sooo good.. I get some Vanilla low fat yogurt and add some berry's and granola(sam's club has THE BEST granola, mixed w/ nuts). This snack is so yummy and satisfiying, you won't be tempted to reach for the bad stuff.:wink:

Replies

• HottMama
    Options
    Hey guys! I always get the munchies when I'm bored and that usually leads to something not so healthy. So I started making my own parfaits.. It is sooo good.. I get some Vanilla low fat yogurt and add some berry's and granola(sam's club has THE BEST granola, mixed w/ nuts). This snack is so yummy and satisfiying, you won't be tempted to reach for the bad stuff.:wink:
  • faylou
    faylou Posts: 89
    Options
    It is I started that a week ago.... Fantastic!!!!!! i use fruit flavoured low fat yougurt when i do not have fruit available.
  • loser4real
    Options
    This is an almost daily snack for me…yogurt+fruit+crunch. I typically do vanilla yogurt and have done this with all kinds of fresh fruit: bananas, strawberries, blueberries, peaches, whatever I have on hand. For the crunch I love granola, or sometimes I’ll use a crunchy cereal instead. And if I need some extra protein I’ll even add ¼ cup cottage cheese to it too. Versatile, yummy, and low in calories!
  • Magen
    Magen Posts: 12
    Options
    Thanks for the idea!! I have been tryin to find me a good snack other than the 100 Calorie Packs! Getting very tired of those!!
  • iluvbread
    iluvbread Posts: 104
    Options
    Did anyone try the Kashi dark chocolate bars with coconut....unbelievable!!! 120 calories...pure heaven...
    Also, I am finding granola has a ton of calories, so everytime I go to add it for the crunch factor I stop due to calories...what do you think?
  • DawnInOhio
    DawnInOhio Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Did anyone try the Kashi dark chocolate bars with coconut....unbelievable!!! 120 calories...pure heaven...
    Also, I am finding granola has a ton of calories, so everytime I go to add it for the crunch factor I stop due to calories...what do you think?
    I found a low fat granola cereal at Kroger a few months back, I figure I'm only using about 1/8-/14 cup, but I also will use 4-5 of those oreo crisps and break them up, for about 20 cal. As long as it crunches, I don't care, nuts could be a good alternative for healthy fats.:drinker:
  • iluvbread
    iluvbread Posts: 104
    Options
    I love the crushed oreo idea! I crush fat free potato chips on my salad to make it crunch!
  • PrettyNpink526
    Options
    I drink a cup of coffee whenever I get the urge to eat. I feel like it controls my hunger and NO calories!!!:smile:
  • sarabear
    sarabear Posts: 864
    Options
    I love the crushed oreo idea! I crush fat free potato chips on my salad to make it crunch!
    Ever try grapes, they have a LITTLE crunch and a sweet on salad.......mmmmmmm
  • jdelisle
    jdelisle Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    If I am too high on calories for the day or don't have granola around, I use All-Bran instead.

All of the above on top of a bananna with a tsp of chocolate sauce drizzled on the top. YUM. And you can have that for breakfast!
  • TROUBLE2
    TROUBLE2 Posts: 6,660
    Options
    have you tried raw nuts? what about almonds or pecans or walnuts, even cashews are good for you assuming they are unsalted... same goes for pistachios (sp)

good for you and they curb the ol hunger
  • mandersen16
    Options
    I'm trying to eat more proteins and less carbs though not cutting out carbs by any means.

I usually eat string cheese, yogurt, and cottage cheese.

Anyone have any ideas on snacks that are higher in protein and little carbs?
  • jnikitow
    jnikitow Posts: 334
    Options
    For crunch I have crumbled some low-fat graham cracker onto my yogurt.
  • jsonnett02
    Options
    High Protein. low carbs....try peanut butter with apples, celery, carb controlled bread. Nuts, low-fat cheeses, cottage cheese, protein powder with milk (a shake to go), Beef Jerky....
  • mandersen16
    Options
    Thank you for the great ideas jsonnett02!! :drinker:
  • mommachag
    mommachag Posts: 318
    Options
    the kashi good friends cereal is great crumbled on yogurt
  • kolbif
    kolbif Posts: 83
    Options
    Yum! I do this daily, too, although mine is a little different. I eat the Danon Light 'n' Fit vanilla yogurt and put the thinly sliced Almond Accents on it (I think they are made for salads usually.) Probably not as healthy for me as raw, unsalted almonds, but oh well. I use the Toffee Crunch Almond Accents and they are yummy!!
  • TROUBLE2
    TROUBLE2 Posts: 6,660
    Options
    High Protein. low carbs....try peanut butter with apples, celery, carb controlled bread. Nuts, low-fat cheeses, cottage cheese, protein powder with milk (a shake to go), Beef Jerky....

the problem with beef jerkey (store bought) is that it has about 3000% of your daily allowance of Sodium. and large amounts of sodium can be bad!

more vegies and nuts is always the way to go, you can never eat too much vegies!