how do you measure up???

Options
I've researched ways to correctly take your measurements.. and of course! get conflicting information... what is the correct way to measure?!

This is what I have been doing...
Bust: without bra, to widest part
Waist: under ribs, at narrowest point
Hips: at ASIS of my hips, not including butt, but at widest part

Others have said they measure at their navel for waist / others at narrowest point ?
Others have said they measure for hips at the widest part, including the butt ?

Bust - Waist - Hips?
how do you measure ?!?!?

Replies

• starwhisperer
    Options
    since it really is only for your benefit, it really only matters that you measure the same spot every time.
  • ManderG03
    ManderG03 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I MEASURE:

BUST: W/ BRA @ WIDEST PART
    WAIST: @ WIDEST PART
    HIPS: THE WIDEST PART INCLUDING THE BUTT
  • sarah307
    sarah307 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    since it really is only for your benefit, it really only matters that you measure the same spot every time.

yep!! agreed!
    but i was just wondering b/c i'd see other people's measurements (especially on the 'ladies your measurements please' thread... and they were totally different than mine but in their pictures looked either the same or smaller or bigger , etc .. thats why i was wondering !
    because sometimes it takes a while for that mind set to kick in of how much progress you have done.. that's why measurements are so awesome! but then it's nice to compare just so you can see .. "oh, i am about the same as this person.." etc!
  • Becky1971
    Becky1971 Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    Bump, want to come back to it tomorrow.
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    Bust: without bra, widest part
    Hips: I think this changes every time for me. I tell myself to measure the largest part, I end up moving the tape up and down trying to include bum and then some kind of thigh expansion... I have no idea how to measure hips. According to my measure, my hips are 40 inches around. According to my size 6 pants, they are only 36 inches around. How on earth do they even fit me (and they are quite loose) if my hips are 4 inches wider then the pants?
  • Magic_Girl
    Options
    Bust: w/o bra, widest part
    Waist: under ribs, narrowest point
    Hips: widest part, w/o butt

I also measure around my belly button area, but I don't consider it my waist.
  • finabella
    finabella Posts: 176
    Options
    :tongue: I have a mole on my waist and one on my hip so I measure where these are so I know where to put the tape every time. Stupid I know but there handy markers
  • finabella
    finabella Posts: 176
    Options
    Oh I don't measure my bust wa to depressing! I've gone from a DD to a B/C
  • CarlyC08
    Options

I do this too--I call "waist" the narrowest part and "belly" from my belly button.
    I'm confused on the w/ or w/o butt...how do you measure without it? Just above it? My "hips" are from the widest part of my butt
  • CarlyC08
    Options

I do this too--I call "waist" the narrowest part and "belly" from my belly button.
    I'm confused on the w/ or w/o butt...how do you measure without it? Just above it? My "hips" are from the widest part of my butt
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    Bust w/bra - widest part (without bra? Hello gravity!)
    Waist - just below navel (where the waist of my pants sits)
    Hips - lined up with my hip bones..above the butt.
  • stephyy4632
    stephyy4632 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    I measure where I like my jeans to sit on me. I prefer a lower riding jean so I measure below my belly button but above my hips for wband , and my hips include my booty.

Chest I do where my bra band would sit just under the breasts
  • thetiwi1890
    thetiwi1890 Posts: 256 Member
    Options

^^^^ This!
  • barbiex3
    barbiex3 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options

Bust: without bra, to widest part
    Hips: at ASIS of my hips, not including butt, but at widest part

Bust: same as you.
    Waist: same as you
    Hips: almost were my *kitten* ends happens to be my widest point. idk what ASIS if, but i'm pretty sure it's the same as you