Need help GAINING weight

Options
2»

Replies

• Jjdouglas219
    Options
    I think I'm getting it more or less figured out LOL

Breakfast will = sausage or bacon
    biscuits with jelly (the frozen pillsbury ones)
    hashbrowns (made with the bacon/sausage grease lol)
    or
    French toast or pancakes or waffles
    whole milk

Lunch will = (some combo of) - those little take soups (not the Healthy choice ones, the full fat unhealthy ones), a pb&j, 1 snacky food (homemade cookies, homemade fried bread, homemade muffins or banana bread, pudding or crackers or store bought cookies), a small container of raisins or other fruit. Juice, a carton of milk or something to drink

Supper is where I'm stuck...this is the meal I have to eat and I'd prefer not gain 800lbs because I tend to gain weight MUCH easier than him...so I think we'll have to go with high calorie foods (tonight I'm doing biscuits and gravy with bacon) and he'll eat a larger portion (I'm forcing him to eat 4 biscuits and 4 slices of bacon) and I'll eat a smaller portion. I'll serve some sort of bread with all meals (cresent rolls or dinner rolls or something)

He eats away from home so at least for lunch I can eat what I normally eat...

We do not have the money to be fixing me one supper and everyone else another so I dunno what we'll do there...

Woops, I forgot to log out of his account, this is me (MamaNae) posting as my husband hahaha
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,535 Member
    Options
    I was a stick when I started lifting (5'7" 126lbs) and I ate EVERYTHING to start gaining weight. Pizza, fast food, pasta, etc. along with weight gainers. But I busted my *kitten* in the gym too and added a lot of muscle along the way.
  • MamaNae
    MamaNae Posts: 23
    Options
    Okay, now I have it right.

If I figured right and add a snack in after supper that should put him around 200 calories OVER what he needs to be. AND I changed his activity level to 'active' just to be on the safe side.

Since I'm trying to make it healthy-ish calories (soup, sandwiches on whole grain bread, peanut butter, homemade jelly, homemade snacks (with whole wheat flour), and struggling to keep the sodium and trans fat at a minimum it should be okay.

We are keeping a very detailed diary for around 2 weeks and then we will see a nutritionist with diary in hand to see what s/he thinks of the meals and what tips or concerns s/he has.

We'll also be getting some protein powder next payday since it's so high priced. That is next Thursday so if I can keep him eating peanut butter on everything and a decent breakfast I think we'll be good!

We were gifted a weight bench so he's going to try to find time to lift...we just have to figure out someplace to put it. Our house is pretty small and we're lacking in extra space.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    At this point I think he needs to grow up and eat the foods he needs whether he likes them or not.

Agreed. He's got to do this for his health, so preferences are secondary to that.

Good luck to you both though. I hope he comes through it a new man and better than ever :)