Guesstimating Local Eatery Foods??

Options
Sorry if this has been posted before.

I'm supposed to attend a company dinner at a local eatery in town that only has one location. I checked their Web site and there is no nutritional information for any of their foods. How do I account for anything I would eat without having even a comparable product from another restaurant in the database? [I already checked that too.] I don't mind subbing but just nothing exists for some of the unique foods they serve and I don't want to miss out on sampling by only eating a "safe" food like a salad hold everything. I've been doing so well these past weeks that I don't want to punish myself simply for the sake of being able to log exact calories.

Thanks for reading my post.

Replies

• aa1440
    aa1440 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    If you have checked everything, I don't think you have a choice.
  • starkid120
    starkid120 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I would say pick something you'd want on the menu, and 'build' it from the ingredients, as best as you can. It may not be terribly accurate, but it'll be close. You could also do a guesstimate for quick add calories, but that only catches the calories, I like to account for carbs, etc. too.

If anything, try to get it as close as you can and DON'T STRESS ABOUT IT. It's only one meal!! Enjoy the unique eats and move on! Have a harder work out before/after or the next day.

Don't deny yourself something good just because you don't know exactly what goes in it!! Try something different!!